Recommended Streaming CPU

Go to solution Solved by D2ultima,

Good replies here already; i7-3770K is pretty good for streaming with a nice overclock on it. Mind your temps as streaming is a heavier load than most any game produces, and you'll be fine.

I'm looking to start live streaming as a hobby but I don't think my current CPU can handle it. I can currently stream some lower fidelity games like csgo fine at 720p 30fps with a bitrate of 2500 kb/s. If I try to stream anything more intensive I get stuttering on stream and sometimes even in game. That said I'm looking to buy a new CPU and I'm not sure how much I'll need to spend to get something capable of streaming well. I'm looking for recommendations under $400 USD but under $300 would be optimal. If possible, tell me a good mobo to pair with the CPU socket type. (For any questions about my current build, just check my profile. Its all there :D)

I'm looking to start live streaming as a hobby but I don't think my current CPU can handle it. I can currently stream some lower fidelity games like csgo fine at 720p 30fps with a bitrate of 2500 kb/s. If I try to stream anything more intensive I get stuttering on stream and sometimes even in game. That said I'm looking to buy a new CPU and I'm not sure how much I'll need to spend to get something capable of streaming well. I'm looking for recommendations under $400 USD but under $300 would be optimal. If possible, tell me a good mobo to pair with the CPU socket type. (For any questions about my current build, just check my profile. Its all there :D)

The best CPU to get for you would be any i7 that fits your socket. You could probably find a used i7 3770/k on Ebay for like 250 and under.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

At least 4 cores with hyperthreading like a 4790k.

Ideally a 6 core with HT like a 5820k.

I think you should get a 3770k off ebay and overclock it, since you already have a Z77 motherboard. It'll perform better than a Xeon E3 1231 v3 and will be cheaper overall.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Good replies here already; i7-3770K is pretty good for streaming with a nice overclock on it. Mind your temps as streaming is a heavier load than most any game produces, and you'll be fine.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Looks like that's what I'll be getting. Thanks everyone for the feedback :D