4 fans 1 header

TheDev
Go to solution Solved by demrxz,

That is definitely unhealthy for your motherboard. You are pulling to many Amps from a socket. I would suggest purchasing a fan hub preferably NZXT. It will be using a molex connecter so it puts all the electrical stress on your PSU instead. Don't worry about upgrading PSU's these fans will not impact much. This is the fan hub I would suggest. https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/157-GRID-V2-digital-fan-controller.html

joking title aside, I have 4 120mm corsair af led fans plug in to a fan hub then that fan hub plugged in to my mobo. with no molx or sata providing extra power. im runig the fans at 50% and there puling about 1.5 amps from the header. is that ok???

NO ITS NOT OKAY

YOUR MOTHERBOARD WILL GET FRIIIIEEEEEDDD(if its not good)

motherboard?

asus one does not help

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

joking title aside, I have 4 120mm corsair af led fans plug in to a fan hub then that fan hub plugged in to my mobo. with no molx or sata providing extra power. im runig the fans at 50% and there puling about 1.5 amps from the header. is that ok???

3-4 fans is the max recommended per header but if your pulling a total of 1.5Amps I would not recommend it since most headers can only handle a max of 1Amp. If they are 4 pin fans using a molex or sata powered splitter is a good option but for 3 pins you might want to look into something like the NZXT grid.

3-4 fans is the max recommended per header but if your pulling a total of 1.5Amps I would not recommend it since most headers can only handle a max of 1Amp. If they are 4 pin fans using a molex or sata powered splitter is a good option but for 3 pins you might want to look into something like the NZXT grid.

dude

that motherboard is gonna have problems

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Yeah, which is why I DON'T recommend doing that since it can overload it.

yeaaaa

That is definitely unhealthy for your motherboard. You are pulling to many Amps from a socket. I would suggest purchasing a fan hub preferably NZXT. It will be using a molex connecter so it puts all the electrical stress on your PSU instead. Don't worry about upgrading PSU's these fans will not impact much. This is the fan hub I would suggest. https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/157-GRID-V2-digital-fan-controller.html

ill plug it back in to the molx then.

thanks for the advice.

also i am using a NZXT grid, i just used the adapter that came with it to plug in to the mobo

Edit; i just unplug the fan header and the plastic is quite warm...

ill plug it back in to the molx then.

thanks for the advice.

also i am using a NZXT grid, i just used the adapter that came with it to plug in to the mobo

Ok perfect, just make sure the hub is not pulling electricity from the motherboard. Will ruin it in the long run.