Why does my Computer freezes?

Ferocikula

Hello

Recently I updated my Mobo / CPU / Rams after a fatal failure with my older PC.

So I did fresh Install of Windows 8,1 which I then upgraded to Windows 10 ( Completely fresh install with every single file being removed from the SSD Drive )

When I finished installing Windows 10 and PC restarted then Windows Automatically did Memory/Ram Check ( Not sure the name - Windows memory diagnostic tool ) 
and it passed which doesn't surprise me because the Rams are new

Then first thing I did is Download Google Chrome, GPU Drivers and AdBlock biggrin.gif
Then I started Copying World of Warcraft ( Game ) from my USB Stick to my Computer and while it was copying my PC Frooze but I could still see that the USB is still working/doing something because of the LED Light that it has.

So my PC was "Frozen" and I tried to wait for Windows Error message or something but I didnt get any Error message so I had to restart my PC and everything was fine again but I still keep on getting these Freezes sometimes after 5 mins sometimes after 20min ( 20 Min is the Max )

Any ideas what is wrong?

CPU - FX 9590
Mobo - Asus crosshair V formula Z
GPU - r9 290x
Ram - Team Vulcan 2133mhz 2x8gb
PSU- Corsair 750w
SSD - Crucial 250gb 

My old computer used to lock up and it was due to the PSU so that could be your problem also.

CPU: i7 5830k @ 4.5ghz / 1.25v - Motherboard: X99-S - RAM: 32gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz - GPU: MSI GTX 970 - COOLER: Corsair H80i - STORAGE: 60gb Corsair SSD w/ 3.5tb HDD - PSU: XFX 80+ 550w - CASE: Phantom 410 - KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 - MOUSE: Corsair M45

I had the same problem like you. The first thing to do is to check if your windows installed correctly. You can do that by going to command prompt (admin). You can go to command prompt if you right click onthe Windows icon in lower left corner. Then write sfc /scannow. Write here what you get after that command.

OP, remember to do this elevated! Otherwise it'll skip some crucial data that requires admin privileges to access. Pick the "Command Prompt (Admin)" to get elevated access.

If I were you, OP, i'd get a camera ready to be able to catch a picture of the BSOD. That'll give you more time to take a note of the message on it.

I tried to run sfc /scannow

While doing it my PC Froze at about 70-75% so I had to restart again. Second time I tried it finished the Scan and found some Corrupted files which are now Repaired

Im I not going to get anymore freezes? :D

Best of luck!

CPU: i7 5830k @ 4.5ghz / 1.25v - Motherboard: X99-S - RAM: 32gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz - GPU: MSI GTX 970 - COOLER: Corsair H80i - STORAGE: 60gb Corsair SSD w/ 3.5tb HDD - PSU: XFX 80+ 550w - CASE: Phantom 410 - KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 - MOUSE: Corsair M45

What about my SSD? Since my last Fatal PC Failure one of my Hard drives went dead

if this was my CPU PC would most likely shut down

if it was Memory/Ram I would get some Blue Screen

cant be my GPU because my brother was using it for few months so I know it works

or it might b just Software problem but I dont know ... I have fresh Windows 10 installed

Do this. First, open comand promat as admin and run this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth . Then restart your computer and run again sfc /scannow

is this all? http://imgur.com/d8Yw88G I feel like it didnt do anything ( the first command )

Update: Restarted my PC and Windows did some Configuration now im gonna try sfc /scannow

Did you wait till 100%? (It will be some time at 20% so do not worry, it will get to 100%) If you did not then wait and then restart and run sfc /scannow again.

Yes

"Windows resource did not find any integrity violations"

I will update you later if im still getting "freezes"

Did you wait till 100%? (It will be some time at 20% so do not worry, it will get to 100%) If you did not then wait and then restart and run sfc /scannow again.

Update: I have done everything you said and im still getting "freezes"  :(

Hmm, go to "search windows" (little magnifier near the windows icon) and write "event viewer". There look for critical errors and try to google them. It is very hard to say what went wrong. In my personal opinion, it is software so if nothing helps I would reinstall windows.

Ooooh

Just Checked the Event viewer

22 Warning

2 Critical 

The freezing while copying, Windows doing a mem test and corrupted files would lead me to believe your RAM is not configured correctly.

It's not a race to the bottom.

The freezing while copying, Windows doing a mem test and corrupted files would lead me to believe your RAM is not configured correctly.

Freezes while doing anything ( even when idling )