Build advices.

Babyballable

Hi there. It's me again :D

I've finally completed my components list for my work/gaming build.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core Processor 3.6 GHz 10 MB Cache
  • PSU: Corsair AX 850W Gold (modular)
  • GPU: GTX 680 2GB something (I want later to get another one for SLI)
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator 2x4GB
  • Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Formula
  • Memory: Crucial 512GB SSD & Seagate 1TB Barracuda HDD
  • Case: NZXT Phantom 820 white
  • CPU cooling: CoolerMaster 212 EVO

I won't do any bigger overclocks for now, and I want to make a solid base for full water cooling.

Opinions and advices are more than welcome :)

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

Why X79? What do you expect to gain over a Z77 board/CPU?

As far are your other components, you can save money easily by dropping to a 600w PSU because I gauntee you that you don't need 850.

Why such a big expensive case for a 212 evo? That case is designed for water cooling. Why not a 420 or 630?

What's your overall budget because looking at parts, that's all over the place,

why such a big expensive case for a 212 evo? That case is designed for water cooling. Why not a 420 or 630?

he siad he wanted a base so he could have watercooling later

Why not get another Crucial 512GB and have them is RAID 0.
it is probably out of his budget

I've choosen ASUS V Formula, because of the on-board sound and the build in watercooling option (I don't want to buy an aftermarket watercooling block), aswell as for the look of it (I am the estetic kind guy :P). Evo will be used only for some time, and then I'm going to instal it in another build.

I trust you about the PSU (I'm kinda a greenhorn in power suplies) and I will consider something like 650W or 700W (to still have some space for upgrades).

I don't have a specific budget. I first chose components and later try to get money.

And sorry for any mistakes, english is not my native language.

Yes, It kinda is out of my range. I'm still thinking about getting 240GB instead and upgrading in the future, if required.

why such a big expensive case for a 212 evo? That case is designed for water cooling. Why not a 420 or 630?

he siad he wanted a base so he could have watercooling later

Whoops, missed that line

I still think you'll be happier going with something like a 3770K on an Asus P8Z77-V series board or if you must, an RoG board.

The 3820 is LGA2011, Maximus V Formula is LGA1155, so you'll need to change either of the two for it to be compatible.

What specifically do you mean by "work?" Just word processing and such, or will you be using any other demanding software?

The 3820 is LGA2011, Maximus V Formula is LGA1155, so you'll need to change either of the two for it to be compatible.

What specifically do you mean by "work?" Just word processing and such, or will you be using any other demanding software?

I mean some working with Photoshop and SonyVegas.

whel buy 2x 120 gb and configure them in raid 0 !! ;)

I've choosen ASUS V Formula, because of the on-board sound and the build in watercooling option (I don't want to buy an aftermarket watercooling block), aswell as for the look of it (I am the estetic kind guy :P). Evo will be used only for some time, and then I'm going to instal it in another build.

I trust you about the PSU (I'm kinda a greenhorn in power suplies) and I will consider something like 650W or 700W (to still have some space for upgrades).

I don't have a specific budget. I first chose components and later try to get money.

If you do plan on eventually overclocking, you may want to stick with that first choice of the 850W. Upgrading power supplies is a major pain and with a nice 850 you won't have to buy another for a while. I just don't want you to eventually upgrade to watercooling and not be able to OC much because there isn't enough overhead in the power side of things. Just an idea.

And good luck, it sounds like it'll be a beast.

Then you'll be fine with a 3770K or 3570K.

I cant believe no one else noticed 2011 CPU =/= 155 Motherboard

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

2x120 GB boot drive in raid 0? And another 120gb for aditional storage? I I'll have some money left, I'm gonna consider this.

I chose that 2011 CPU, because I'm an idiot :P Totally forgot about checking the socked in the first place! Anyway It doesn't matter with 3770k

Thanks! I'll still think about that.

A 120GB as boot and 2x120GB RAID 0 for storage. I think this is a better idea, you will have more storage this way.

=