Setup

mattonfire

Hiya I would like the best possible setup, either  a mic and headphones or a headset what would give me the best overall experience of both? I need to hear surround for CS:GO but I need a good mic for recording and talking on teamspeak. What in your guys eyes would be the best setup for <£300?

buy an open air headphone such as the hd600 and put a modmic 4.0 on them 

i agree with this. Though if you get a HD600 you probably need an amp because HD600s have an impedance of 300 ohms which is fancy speak for "needs an amp". 

i'd recommend the FiiO e10k just from experience since its the only amp i've owned (and it is also a DAC) 

Though for pure accuracy in a FPS game i tihnk there are better options than the HD600 from what i've read about it. I've demoed them but i haven't ever played a shooter with them. But they do sound absolutely spectacular. 

i agree with this. Though if you get a HD600 you probably need an amp because HD600s have an impedance of 300 ohms which is fancy speak for "needs an amp".

i'd recommend the FiiO e10k just from experience since its the only amp i've owned (and it is also a DAC)

Though for pure accuracy in a FPS game i tihnk there are better options than the HD600 from what i've read about it. I've demoed them but i haven't ever played a shooter with them. But they do sound absolutely spectacular.

Wrong, ohms does not determine weather you need an amp or not, sensitivity does

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Stricktly speaking, no headphones need an amp, but there are definitely sound *clarity* benefits when plugged into an amp, and you won't have to drive your PCs soundcard so high to get higher volumes. I don't use my over-the-ear headphones very often, but they come out of the headphone jack of my main stereo amplifier, and there's a noticable lift in quality between that, and just jacking them into the back of my PC.

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

buy an open air headphone such as the hd600 and put a modmic 4.0 on them 

Wrong, ohms does not determine weather you need an amp or not, sensitivity does

Stricktly speaking, no headphones need an amp, but there are definitely sound *clarity* benefits when plugged into an amp, and you won't have to drive your PCs soundcard so high to get higher volumes. I don't use my over-the-ear headphones very often, but they come out of the headphone jack of my main stereo amplifier, and there's a noticable lift in quality between that, and just jacking them into the back of my PC.

Hiya, the headphones alone are 250 alone is there anything a lil cheaper it was 300 the max. Closer to around 220 with the headphones and modmic. For example 180 for headphones and 40 for mic. I read some reviews for it and some people said it was hard to have on for long hours and I would need to wear them for long hours.

Hiya, the headphones alone are 250 alone is there anything a lil cheaper it was 300 the max. Closer to around 220 with the headphones and modmic. For example 180 for headphones and 40 for mic. I read some reviews for it and some people said it was hard to have on for long hours and I would need to wear them for long hours.

The Philips SHP9500 is a pretty good headphone. Plus, it's compatible with things like the beyer Custom One Pro mic thing, which makes for a much cleaner look than the mod mic, since you only have one cable. 

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-COP-Headset-Gear-Microphone/dp/B00DHBVUCQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445101993&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=COP+headsety

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445102007&sr=8-1&keywords=SHP9500

You should really only be paying about $80 for the headphones though, they have had an unofficial price hike recently, because a certain review came out on YouTube.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

The Philips SHP9500 is a pretty good headphone. Plus, it's compatible with things like the beyer Custom One Pro mic thing, which makes for a much cleaner look than the mod mic, since you only have one cable. 

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-COP-Headset-Gear-Microphone/dp/B00DHBVUCQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445101993&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=COP+headsety

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445102007&sr=8-1&keywords=SHP9500

You should really only be paying about $80 for the headphones though, they have had an unofficial price hike recently, because a certain review came out on YouTube.

Oh thats pretty nifty, like the V-moda boompro mic. But twice the price. So I hope better quality?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Oh thats pretty nifty, like the V-moda boompro mic. But twice the price. So I hope better quality?

I mean, Beyer is known to make really nice mics... From the little that I've heard about it, it's a really nice sounding mic.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, Beyer is known to make really nice mics... From the little that I've heard about it, it's a really nice sounding mic.

Although judging my amazon reviews it has durribility problems.

The V-Moda is fine with durablility, and if anything happens, like even if just the braiding frays, they send you a new one and you can keep your old one.

Alright so I should get the Phillips ones and the mic, although the mic has awful reviews.

EDIT: What is the vmoda?

Alright so I should get the Phillips ones and the mic, although the mic has awful reviews.

EDIT: What is the vmoda?

V-Moda Boompro Mic

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445105767&sr=8-1&keywords=V-moda+boompro

Yeah, I just suggested the Beyer because I wouldn't have any trouble with the cable quality, but then again, I take VERY careful care of all of my headphones, so there's that....

The BoomPro is probably going to be better for most people. It's just that the Beyer has much better sound quality (not that it matters for games...)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

- snip -

Much better sound quality? I don't need the mic for games I need it for recording and professional teamspeak things so I needs to be good quality xD

Much better sound quality? I don't need the mic for games I need it for recording and professional teamspeak things so I needs to be good quality xD

if you're going to be recording, you shouldn't be looking at headset mics anyway. You should get a good desktop mic.

Hey! New SIgnature!