Video Editing and 4k gaming Build

hnsnsnevil

1. Budget & Location
Looking to be around $4000-$4500 USA

2. Aim
This computer will be used to play games at 4k on a single monitor. Looking to play a variety of games but generally am most interested in triple A type titles.  I will also be using to edit video regularly. Additionally this system will be sitting in a public area of my apartment so I would like to keep it as quiet as possible to be mindful of those around me.

3. Monitors
Single monitor 4k resolution.Currently no plan to move to multiple monitors.

4. Peripherals
Need an OS, preferably windows, I assume windows 10.

5. Why are you upgrading?
Upgrading from a 15 in macbook pro retina (the model they initially launched the retina line with. I believe ~2012) Curently the laptop I have is the one that I used in college. It struggles to play games, plus gaming through mac is a headache. Also on video editing side of things, the render times take forever and scrubbing through the video is slow with jumps and starts and such. Now that I am not a student anymore I am ready to move to a desktop since I dont need to carry it around for group projects and to class and such.

7. Current parts list plan

The link below should take you to a pcpartpicker parts list for what parts I am currently planning to use for this build based on the research I have done. I have also included it in plain text below.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qzpYjX

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($999.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($386.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($395.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 750 Series 400GB PCI-E Solid State Drive  ($369.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Black  6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($289.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($649.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($649.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($306.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($23.20 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4417.08

8. PS
This is my first computer build. I know that a system of this cost is probably not an ideal starter build but I have several freineds/ coworkers I feel confident I can turn too for help if things reach a point that I can not overcome by myself/ with the internet. That said anything I should keep in mind while building with a system like this or with these parts.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you for all the help.

Forgot to mention this, I do plan to overclock, currently I am thinking of overclocking the cpu and graphics card(s). Not sure how that effects the power supply that I would need.  I havent been able to find a ton in the way of information online about how much power things draw pre vs pst overclocking