Bisectional Method for Non-Linear Equation on Matlab

nekomata

I'm having quite a hard time making a program for that since we weren't thought any matlab whatsoever and this is already 11.15 PM, so if anyone can help that'll be great. I at least know basic matlab, though looking at solutions online leaves me with some answer with many left to answer. If you need it, I'm trying to solve the equation f(x)=x.^3-3x.^2-0.5 using bisectional method

I don't really need the programs, I am to make them myself. I just need to know what to put into the program (i.e functions, doing loops correctly, things like that)

I'm having quite a hard time making a program for that since we weren't thought any matlab whatsoever and this is already 11.15 PM, so if anyone can help that'll be great. I at least know basic matlab, though looking at solutions online leaves me with some answer with many left to answer. If you need it, I'm trying to solve the equation f(x)=x.^3-3x.^2-0.5 using bisectional method

I don't really need the programs, I am to make them myself. I just need to know what to put into the program (i.e functions, doing loops correctly, things like that)

Did you even Google it?

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/33748-bisection-method/content/bisection.m