Mini ITX Build. Need Advice

Austinjh

Hey,

I am going to be building a pc for my mom, she will be using it for book keeping and just general browsing. What is a good mini itx board and ivy bridge processor. Would need wifi.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply, what is the difference between z77 and h77?

im not that knowledgeable with the lower end components and what not.

Hey,

I am going to be building a pc for my mom, she will be using it for book keeping and just general browsing. What is a good mini itx board and ivy bridge processor. Would need wifi.

Thanks!

In most cases, I suggest a custom build, but in this case, I suggest a prebuilt PC with very limited options.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

between the Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi and the H77N-WiFi, the only difference is the overclocking capability together with a 'K'-processor. Otherwise they are identical.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Z77 allows you to overclock and H77 doesn't. I believe they both have the same amount of SATA III ports (2). H77 is usually found in the mATX form factor which limits expansion but your mom won't be gaming and stuff (or will she? :D ) so it won't matter.

Hey,

Thanks!

FM2-socketed system could also be advised for your mother's purposes with a quad-core cpu. 

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

FM2-socketed system could also be advised for your mother's purposes with a quad-core cpu. 

I agree.  Depending on your budget, an APU with an A75 mobo would be a cheaper option and if she's just doing general web browsing and running MS Office programs, you'll probably never notice any performance difference at all.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Something like this would work: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1sSWg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.