New Haswell Motherboard

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

And what about the Hero ?

It's very expensive and would only be a bit better for the audio in your situation. If audio is your thing, a cheap dedicated sound card would be better than the Hero's onboard.

Hey guys,

My friend is building a new PC and he can't decide between the Asus Maximus VI Hero, MSI Z87-GD65 and Z87-GD45. Any help is welcome.

Edit:

Because I live in BiH the prices are different. I will give you the list of parts:

Intel Core i5 4670K

Motherboard ??

GTX 760

Kingston HyperX Beast 8 GB

Cooler Master Seidon 240

1 TB WD Caviar Green

Sesonic SS-650 80+ Bronze 8about the best power supply I can get here)

I am very picky when it comes to my PC parts. If I buy an Asus Motherboard, then my Graphics Card has to be an Asus one, same thing with MSI. He is going with the GTX 760

MSI GD65. please tell us his budget

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

What are his plans in terms of overclocking?  The only difference between the GD65 and the G45 is more advanced power delivery.

Not much, maybe a little bit but neither of us likes to mess with that

I'd go with the G45 in that case.

G45 Gaming* --for the red.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

And what about the Hero ?

It's very expensive and would only be a bit better for the audio in your situation. If audio is your thing, a cheap dedicated sound card would be better than the Hero's onboard.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thank you very much. I think I will buy a Z87 - G45 Gaming and a Sound card

They're all good boards so you really just need to choose based on price and which you think looks best.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo