[US-Newegg] ASUS GTX 970 STRIX $308.74 w/ Promo code (+MIR)

anthonyc813

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL101315&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL101315-_-EMC-101315-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14121899-S0C

ASUS STRIX GTX 970 on sale with Promo Code and further discounted after M.I.R.

Code- EMCKAKP24 bringing it down to 308.74 then another 20 off after rebate

total is 288.74! :D

with FREE Shipping! (except Cali and NJ- but fuck NJ anyways. No left turns)

Despite VRAM gate this is a amazing GPU and like myself and many many posters said, coil whine is non existent. ASUS STRIX knocked it out of the park with this card. I am not a fan of MIRs but in theory paying under 300 for this card is a good deal IMO

honestly an amazing card for the price. I have a computer with a 970 strix and another with a 980ti and to be perfectly honest, the strix card was the one that blew me away the most just because of the performance for the price.. The 980ti is pretty premium and performs how you expect it, but the 970's are where it will amaze a person the most if they are switching to a newer card. The strix isnt the best card for overclocking, but you can get 2 of these for less than a gtx 980ti and put them in sli.

Damn...

...damn.....

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Good card for the price, but I wish it wasn't the Strix. The VRMs are gimped as hell on it, I know people who can pull 1560 on the cores of cards like the Amp! Extreme and G1 Gaming while my Strix couldn't go a lick over 1500 and while throttling still.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i have 2 strix's in sli and theyre amazing. i run max settings on 1440p for every game ive played so far. theyre silent most of the time too. the only gripe i have is the bright led light (fixed with some sharpie) and the ridiculous loudness of the fans when they turn on. it sounds like a jet

My current Rig (Memphis) --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jQYWpg

i have 2 strix's in sli and theyre amazing. i run max settings on 1440p for every game ive played so far. theyre silent most of the time too. the only gripe i have is the bright led light (fixed with some sharpie) and the ridiculous loudness of the fans when they turn on. it sounds like a jet

what red LED? Mine have a white one where the power ports are- which are kinda bright I'll admit. I still have not heard my fans go on or make a sound and my rig is next to my head. Maybe I got lucky twice? I also play on 1440p non G Sync with max setting on everything even hair works lol!

This is the second time in the paste two months this card has gotten this kind of deal. I picked this up the last time it had a 20 MIR and a promo code of around -$15. Can't wait to be able to get the rest of the parts for my rig so that I can finally use it   ^_^

what red LED? Mine have a white one where the power ports are- which are kinda bright I'll admit. I still have not heard my fans go on or make a sound and my rig is next to my head. Maybe I got lucky twice? I also play on 1440p non G Sync with max setting on everything even hair works lol!

the white LED is the one i'm taking about, im on my pc at night alot so its kind of annoying, And when my fans ramped up they were super loud. Thats half the reason why I just went with a water loop last week because I hated those loud fans :D

My current Rig (Memphis) --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jQYWpg

the white LED is the one i'm taking about, im on my pc at night alot so its kind of annoying, And when my fans ramped up they were super loud. Thats half the reason why I just went with a water loop last week because I hated those loud fans :D

Ahhh OK. I thought you said "red". whoops.

but yeah it is really bright. Might take a colored sharpie to mine today now that you mention it