Why are Mech Keyboards So Expensive

MPX309

I think I'm gonna run with the Corsair K90, I love the look of it, has anyone got any experience with this keyboard?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

The CM Storm Trigger one time went $60 after MIR. That was the cheapest full size LED backlit keyboard I could find. The K90 is not a bad choice for a mechanical keyboard but I personally don't think I will use that many macro keys. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yes YES, I think I might get the Storm Trigger instead, Arrgh! lol it's abit cheaper, £85 :) 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Yes YES, I think I might get the Storm Trigger instead, Arrgh! lol it's abit cheaper, £85 :)

Also, the K90 is part membrane, not what you want when you spend a lot of money on a nice keyboard. :P

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

getting a backlit mech keyboard for under a £100 is asking abit much isn't it. . . I will have to reconsider my options maybe save up some more, but will def have one within the next few months

cheers :)

If you've waited this long then I can certainly recommend a K70.  By mid September the K70 in MX Brown should be available on your side of the pond....look for that one.  

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Hi yes I will look into the K70, so many options and keytyes. . . I want one that isn't too loud, that's all I know atm

As for the K90 being part membrane, yes the macos and num keypad are, but I don't really use macros, I just play FPS with k+m and as long as WAS and some other lettered/numbered keys along the top are mechanical, but yes I guess you do have a point with what you are saying and it's understandable why it might be off putting to some.