best headphones for gaming/casual wear

FlickOfTehWrist

- closed back

- removable microphone

- when the microphone is removed i can use as headphones not too thick please while on my head like protruding off my head like a helmet (sorry if i don't know how to explain it) 

- the hyper x clouds 2 are very promising but just want to see what else it out there

BUDGET: $150 total (i don't mind buying off eBay)

EDIT: Budget

"Best" headphones? Closed? How about the Shure SRH1540 and modmic? Beyerdynamic DT1770 and modmic? Fostex TH900 and modmic?

"Best" headphones? Closed? How about the Shure SRH1540 and modmic? Beyerdynamic DT1770 and modmic? Fostex TH900 and modmic?

sorry i was unclear about this price

I'm not a fan of the HyperX cans as you pay extra for a cheap mic and flaky USB inline sound card.

You could build them:

$45 Gemini DJ HSR-1000 (closed) or $47 Takstar HI 2050 (open)

$30 VModa / $43 Mod Mic
  =$75-91

Or you can up the sound quality...

Open Air - Better sound stage to locate enemies in games

(they were $65) Philips SHP9500 and a VModa/Mod Mic $30 (The Philips will likely be the most comfortable headphones you'll ever try, with or without glasses)

Closed - more priority for bass

$99 ATH-M40x and a VModa/Mod Mic $30

List of the more talked about mainstream choices here.

I'm not a fan of the HyperX cans as you pay extra for a cheap mic and flaky USB inline sound card.

You could build them:

$45 Gemini DJ HSR-1000 (closed) or $47 Takstar HI 2050 (open)

$30 VModa / $43 Mod Mic
  =$75-91

Or you can up the sound quality...

Open Air - Better sound stage to locate enemies in games

(they were $65) Philips SHP9500 and a VModa/Mod Mic $30 (The Philips will likely be the most comfortable headphones you'll ever try, with or without glasses)

Closed - more priority for bass

$99 ATH-M40x and a VModa/Mod Mic $30

List of the more talked about mainstream choices here.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-COP-Headset-Gear-Microphone/dp/B00DHBVUCQ how is that mic?

also what is the difference bettween the hyper x clouds and the Gemini DJ HSR-1000

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-COP-Headset-Gear-Microphone/dp/B00DHBVUCQ how is that mic?

also what is the difference bettween the hyper x clouds and the Gemini DJ HSR-1000

Doesn't look solid from the reviews.

Difference between those cans is that the Hyper X has a crappy mic (from what I've heard). Other than that I believe they are 99% the same

Doesn't look solid from the reviews.

Difference between those cans is that the Hyper X has a crappy mic (from what I've heard). Other than that I believe they are 99% the same

hey so i found these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takstar-HI-FI-Headphone-Pro-80-x-DJ-Professional-Monitoring-Headset-Headphone-/281453733222?var=&hash=item4187f32566 what would you say i like the straight cable that is why :) maybe velour pads

is there any other mic solution? because i don't want to  glue a mic to my headphones so i can take them with me

The best option for heaphones with removable mic would be HyperX Cloud/Qpad QH-90. All those headphones are bulky and not so for a outdoor use imo. You can allways try Marshall Monitor headphones with some desktop mic. These headphones should fit the bill, they are closed and also very portable.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

I mean, given that the TH900 isn't a sealed can, I would hardly call them closed... I'd say they're more like "Open, but with all of the drawbacks and reverberations of closed back".

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, given that the TH900 isn't a sealed can, I would hardly call them closed... I'd say they're more like "Open, but with all of the drawbacks and reverberations of closed back".

That's a shame.

That's a shame.

Please note, that's all coming from my personal experience with the Denon D7k, and Tyll's remarks over on inner fidelity. I've never actually listened to the TH900 or TH600. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)