G-Sync capping every game at 105 FPS for no reason

JoHo

I have the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q with 144Hz and G-Sync technology. Now whenever I open a game, I expect it to be locked at 144Hz. I noticed that it did this all the time for all the games that support it. For example, I played CSGO and whenever I started a match, it would lock the framerate to 144 FPS and the game was buttersmooth. Without G-Sync I could easily get 300 FPS in this game but I like the smoothness of G-Sync. Next is Mad Max. Without G-Sync on, I would get around 170-190 FPS consistently. It used to lock it to 144 FPS for obvious reasons. However, after the latest graphics card driver update, I have to GTX 980s in SLI, G-Sync will lock all my games to the weird framerate of 105 FPS for no apparent reason. This makes the game run worse and introduces massive input lag and mouse acceleration. Of course, this is not acceptable, so does anyone have similar problems with similar hardware or is this my problem only? I'm really confused right now, I have to disable G-Sync for a while... 

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core | Mainboard: ASUS X570-E Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB | GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI | SSD: Segate Firecuda 520 1TB | HDD: All in all 9TB of HDDs | Power: Corsair RM850I | Cooling: Custom Loop | Displays: 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 1440p 144Hz G-Sync | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Case: Fractal Design Define S2 Vision Blackout | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

• 4 months later...

I'm just starting to have this issue as well.  I've noticed that my FPS is capped at 105 fps no matter what program I'm running.  Ive tried multiple benchmarks and games and its always the same thing, 105 fps capped.  I'm running the same monitor as the OP and similar setup with an i7-4790k with 3 way sli 980 ti.