Best headset?

Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

Thank you for taking your time with the links. So for me it looks like a BD, AT or Sennheiser headset are a bit into the future for me (funds etc etc) but will be a defo buy once I can, but for now I'm leaning towards the Clouds, you said that the 2's had a shit dongle, are the 1's usb dongle better? Will both do just as good or are there any big sound/mic differences between them?

The 1s will just plug directly into the audio of your PC, no dongle needed. Other than that, there aren't really any sound differences.

As far as those headsets, you would get better sound if you got a headphone, and either a modmic or boompro. (but that's in the future, so you should post again when you get to that point.)

So I'm having a hard time settling for a headset for gaming and skype/TS3 and figured that I would turn to you guys.

So i'm looking at the Qpad qh-90, kingston hyperx cloud 1,  kingston hyperx cloud 2 and logitech g430.
What I want to know is, how do they feel for long periods of time, how good they sound (I play a lot of cs so footsteps are crucial to hear for me) and how good the mic is (for friends so they don't scream at me for using potato mics).
The price difference here in Sweden is minimal for me, the only big difference is the hyperx cloud 2 and the rest (what's the difference between 1 and 2 btw?) and that's about 20$ roughly, so not a big deal for me at least.

Kingston HyperX Cloud 2, I bought them yesterday and they are amazing! The unique con that I have is the microphone. It is very quiet and you can't boost him through audio panel in windows, however I could bypass that. They are extremelly comfortable and offer multiple accessories. If you are more into gaming I recommend switch the leather cups for the velour pads since they leak more audio and therefore you have more perception around you

Psst Audio Technica or Razer imo.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Razer?

Razer?

Razer?

Razer?

Razer?

9nrbhi.jpg

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

So I'm having a hard time settling for a headset for gaming and skype/TS3 and figured that I would turn to you guys.

So i'm looking at the Qpad qh-90, kingston hyperx cloud 1,  kingston hyperx cloud 2 and logitech g430.

What I want to know is, how do they feel for long periods of time, how good they sound (I play a lot of cs so footsteps are crucial to hear for me) and how good the mic is (for friends so they don't scream at me for using potato mics).

The price difference here in Sweden is minimal for me, the only big difference is the hyperx cloud 2 and the rest (what's the difference between 1 and 2 btw?) and that's about 20$ roughly, so not a big deal for me at least.

You are aware, I hope, that the Qpad, and both hyperX headphones are literally the same thing...  Any headset you buy will have a potato mic, but all four of the headsets should have mics that are at least passable. What do you currently use for your audio?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

You are aware, I hope, that the Qpad, and both hyperX headphones are literally the same thing...  Any headset you buy will have a potato mic, but all four of the headsets should have mics that are at least passable. What do you currently use for your audio?

I couldn't agree more. Most gaming headsets have what I consider to be a terrible mic. My standards might be higher than most though, as I rely heavily on my headset for dictation. With that said, I have found Sennheiser to be the best option, at least for me. The mic on the headsets from Audio Technica and Beyerdynamic are also quite good. Unfortunately, the price tag on all three of the options I mentioned is significantly higher than the headsets in the poll.

I couldn't agree more. Most gaming headsets have what I consider to be a terrible mic. My standards might be higher than most though, as I rely heavily on my headset for dictation. With that said, I have found Sennheiser to be the best option, at least for me. The mic on the headsets from Audio Technica and Beyerdynamic are also quite good. Unfortunately, the price tag on all three of the options I mentioned is significantly higher than the headsets in the poll.

Yeah. A relatively inexpensive desktop mic might be the best option here....

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Could you link the headsets that you're recommending? As far as I know then, I would need a separate mic aswell.

This would only be a solution for half a year-a year maybe, and after that period I will upgrade to a good "audiophile" classed pair of headphones aswell as a separate microphone.

I do know tey're the same thing, but wanted to know if there were any key differences between the 3. As of now I'm limited to a pair of shit headphones and want to buy a headset as soon as I can, but in the future I'm porbably going to get a better pair of studio headphones aswell as a separate microphone.

Maybe AT, don't really know anything about them, so if you could recommend a model, I would be very happy.And about the razer part I will just stop listening...

Kingston HyperX Cloud 2, I bought them yesterday and they are amazing! The unique con that I have is the microphone. It is very quiet and you can't boost him through audio panel in windows, however I could bypass that. They are extremelly comfortable and offer multiple accessories. If you are more into gaming I recommend switch the leather cups for the velour pads since they leak more audio and therefore you have more perception around you

And what are the key differences between the 2's and the 1? How does people like your mic in let's say skype calls? (Important for me since I don't like people with bad mics and don't want to be in the group of those people.) Thank you for your advice, I will take into consideration.

Could you link the headsets that you're recommending? As far as I know then, I would need a separate mic aswell.

This would only be a solution for half a year-a year maybe, and after that period I will upgrade to a good "audiophile" classed pair of headphones aswell as a separate microphone.

I do know tey're the same thing, but wanted to know if there were any key differences between the 3. As of now I'm limited to a pair of shit headphones and want to buy a headset as soon as I can, but in the future I'm porbably going to get a better pair of studio headphones aswell as a separate microphone.

Maybe AT, don't really know anything about them, so if you could recommend a model, I would be very happy.And about the razer part I will just stop listening...

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATHAG1-Closed-Back-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00H95X98O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428248&sr=8-1&keywords=Audio+Technica+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATHADG1-Open-Back-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00H8NS1K8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428248&sr=8-3&keywords=Audio+Technica+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-MMX300-Premium-Digital-Microphone/dp/B001BYMZ5W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428281&sr=8-4&keywords=beyer+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ONE-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00KK8ZLEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428300&sr=8-1&keywords=Sennheiser+G4me

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ZERO-Gaming-Headphone/dp/B00KNPYAEY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428300&sr=8-2&keywords=Sennheiser+G4me

Those are all the ones he was talking about. 

The Audio Technica AD___X line is very good. If you're looking for closed back, the A___X line is the closed version of those. Avoid the M series. (e.g. M50X, etc.)

There aren't any noticeable differences between them all, except for that the Cloud 2 has a really shit USB dongle, and a 4 pole connector that makes it harder to plug directly into a PC than the other options. 

You could try to get your hands of the Philips SHP9500 and a Vmoda BoomPro.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATHAG1-Closed-Back-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00H95X98O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428248&sr=8-1&keywords=Audio+Technica+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATHADG1-Open-Back-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00H8NS1K8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428248&sr=8-3&keywords=Audio+Technica+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-MMX300-Premium-Digital-Microphone/dp/B001BYMZ5W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428281&sr=8-4&keywords=beyer+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ONE-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00KK8ZLEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428300&sr=8-1&keywords=Sennheiser+G4me

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-ZERO-Gaming-Headphone/dp/B00KNPYAEY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444428300&sr=8-2&keywords=Sennheiser+G4me

Those are all the ones he was talking about. 

The Audio Technica AD___X line is very good. If you're looking for closed back, the A___X line is the closed version of those. Avoid the M series. (e.g. M50X, etc.)

There aren't any noticeable differences between them all, except for that the Cloud 2 has a really shit USB dongle, and a 4 pole connector that makes it harder to plug directly into a PC than the other options. 

You could try to get your hands of the Philips SHP9500 and a Vmoda BoomPro.

Thank you for taking your time with the links. So for me it looks like a BD, AT or Sennheiser headset are a bit into the future for me (funds etc etc) but will be a defo buy once I can, but for now I'm leaning towards the Clouds, you said that the 2's had a shit dongle, are the 1's usb dongle better? Will both do just as good or are there any big sound/mic differences between them?

The 1s will just plug directly into the audio of your PC, no dongle needed. Other than that, there aren't really any sound differences.

As far as those headsets, you would get better sound if you got a headphone, and either a modmic or boompro. (but that's in the future, so you should post again when you get to that point.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Thank you, going to buy the 1's, and make a new thread when I'm ready to take make the headphone/modmic step.

Pretty much what he said. As far as I know the only difference between Cloud I and Cloud II are the second being 7.1 and the first one only 2.0 but this means nothing since it is a virtual 7.1. 

To be honest I don't know why the USB dongle is considered shit since for me it is very practical since I could quick increase or decrease the headset volume and mute or unmute the mic. I plugged the headset with USB dongle and then directly into the laptop via 3.5mm jack and didn't noticed any difference in sound. 

I use my headset with the 7.1 disabled, strangely I have more perception and notice more surround with it disabled, I don't know if it is headset fault or if my motherboard is alredy processing virtual surround.

How does people like your mic in let's say skype calls? (Important for me since I don't like people with bad mics and don't want to be in the group of those people.) Thank you for your advice, I will take into consideration.

You are like me, the principal concern I had was the mic. I do some YouTube videos and didn't want that horrible sound typical from the headset where it sounds like we're talking underwater or with something pressing the nose. Anyway, the mic isn't nothing special, it's just like the others, however I didn't try it yet without the USB dongle, with that you can't boost your mic and it is very quiet unless you use an external software ( Peter's Equalizer APO) and with this software the only problem is the static noise but so far I talked to my friends at TeamSpeak and they didn't complain and could hear me easily. I will have to do some audio test and then listen in my speakers. 

Probably already been stated, but thread is tldr: 

Cloud 1, 2, and QPad QH-90 are the same thing.