PSU for an old PC.

Wiplive
Go to solution Solved by quan289,

That Lepa is based on a rather archaic design from CWT, that's is over-rated specification-wise.

That system has a very modest power draw in which you could power it on the Corsair CX430 - even the VS series would do...

Hello, so my relatives old PC from 2008 died recently. Turns out the PSU died. So I'm looking for a new one. I can't decide if it's worth getting the Corsair CX430 for almost 50€ because the PC was bought for 100€. Maybe I should go for a cheaper one like this one: http://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes/barosanas_bloki/lepa_mxf1_500w_atx_n500sbeu for 40€. 

The specs are: Athlon X2 6400+, Nvidia 9600 GT, 2 GB Kingston HyperX Blu RAM, some unknown Asus AM2 motherboard. 

The computer is used only for web browsing. And don't go commenting that don't get Corsair get 500€ 1500W 80+retard EVGA bullshit, which isn't even sold here in Latvia. I don't need it for a PC which is worth as much as a new PSU.

Here is the link from the computer shop I'm buying from. http://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes/barosanas_bloki/min_price/35/max_price/55

Thanks!

I would honestly just get a new pc.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

damn what a beast of a pc that was one day xD 

i recommend going for something around 500w 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Hello, so my relatives old PC from 2008 died recently. Turns out the PSU died. So I'm looking for a new one. I can't decide if it's worth getting the Corsair CX430 for almost 50€ because the PC was bought for 100€. Maybe I should go for a cheaper one like this one: http://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes/barosanas_bloki/lepa_mxf1_500w_atx_n500sbeu for 40€. 

The specs are: Athlon X2 6400+, Nvidia 9600 GT, 2 GB Kingston HyperX Blu RAM, some unknown Asus AM2 motherboard. 

The computer is used only for web browsing. And don't go commenting that don't get Corsair get 500€ 1500W 80+retard EVGA bullshit, which isn't even sold here in Latvia. I don't need it for a PC which is worth as much as a new PSU.

Here is the link from the computer shop I'm buying from. http://www.1a.lv/datoru_komponentes/barosanas_bloki/min_price/35/max_price/55

Thanks!

That LEPA should be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

First time I've ever said this get the Corsair CX that PSU looks bad from reviews

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I would honestly just get a new pc.

But you know, a person who doesn't really use the computer. Maybe once in a few days, why would he spend like 350€ on a new one?

damn what a beast of a pc that was one day xD 

i recommend going for something around 500w 

The PSU which died was cheap 400W, so I think decent 430W Corsair wouldn't be exactly bad.

But you know, a person who doesn't really use the computer. Maybe once in a few days, why would he spend like 350€ on a new one?

Ok fair enough, the psu that you listed seems ok.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

That Lepa is based on a rather archaic design from CWT, that's is over-rated specification-wise.

That system has a very modest power draw in which you could power it on the Corsair CX430 - even the VS series would do...

Ok, I saw some Lepa reviews, they seem to be terrible. I guess I'm going with the Corsair one. Thanks!