Corsair M65 RGB White or/vs Razor Deathadder Chroma

I owned the G9. There were no issues at all. Btw. it had weights and the scroll weel worked perfect. But doesnt matter, the mouse isnt available anymore. For what weird reasons, i dont know.

Fact is, Razer Products are way too expensive for the Quality they offer. The Deathadder is not worth its Money.

And some people had issues with the G9 and were/are running around "Oh Logitech is so bad, quality has gone downhill, hurr durr" and on the other Hand some people used DA for years.

For what weird reasons, i dont know.

Because it didnt sell, easy as that. :)

Fact is, Razer Products are way too expensive for the Quality they offer. The Deathadder is not worth its Money.

Then neither is Corsair because of the scrollwheel or Logitech because of the rattling lens and self destructing feet issues, neither is Zowie for a coating that lasts 2 months and Hardware from 2007, i could go on forever with that. :rolleyes:

And some people had issues with the G9 and were/are running around "Oh Logitech is so bad, quality has gone downhill, hurr durr" and on the other Hand some people used DA for years.

Because it didnt sell, easy as that. :)

Then neither is Corsair because of the scrollwheel or Logitech because of the rattling lens and self destructing feet issues, neither is Zowie for a coating that lasts 2 months and Hardware from 2007, i could go on forever with that. :rolleyes:

Self destructing feet? Is Fairytale hour now?

Let me guess, you use Razer, right?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Self destructing feet? Is Fairytale hour now?

Let me guess, you use Razer, right?

No just back to earth and the reality of things, QC issues are happening everywhere, its just the way it is. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Mice/G502-Mouse-feet-issues/td-p/1239532

I wouldnt find it so annoying if people wouldnt recommend products who are inferior performancewise, altough that is kind of its own topic.

And fyi, im using a Logitech product right now.

Corsair.

Razer products are shite and the software is horrid. I constantly have to unplug/replug my keyboard because keys just stop working out of the blue

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Well between those two, Deathadder for sure because the shape on the corsair is uncomfortable as fuck. Feels like I have a damn plastic brick for a mouse instead of something that fits into my hand naturally.

And for the record, I've never had any of these quality issues that people rave about with Razer products, I just think that they overprice their stuff. Why buy a Deathadder Chroma when I could buy a Mionix Castor or something for around the same price, but with an arguably better sensor, built in memory to save my settings so I never have to open the software again, and a DPI button, which, is actually pretty handy depending on the game.

That said, the Deathadder is not a bad mouse at all, I have Deathadder 3.5g as my backup, using it right now actually. Still works, still allows me to kick ass in Dirty Bomb and Counter Strike. So yea, every company has bad experiences for someone at some point, look at Ducky for example, people rave about the quality yet the LEDs seem to die for some people. :\

Why buy a Deathadder Chroma when I could buy a Mionix Castor or something for around the same price, but with an arguably better sensor, built in memory to save my settings so I never have to open the software again, and a DPI button, which, is actually pretty handy depending on the game.

Given potential of 3988/3989, DA has the better Sensor, which is also more expensive, not to mention that Razer´s FW is better anyway than the one from Mionix because Mionix relies/has to rely on the Factory.

Btw. the DA actually saves lightning, polling rate and cpi.

Well my friends mouse does not, must be some sort of defect. And a avago sensor is the cheaper variant, they are under cross licensing with pixart, who makes the 3310.

http://www.pixart.com/product_application.asp?productname=Optical%20Mouse&Description=Cursor%20control%20for%20PC%20peripheral%20input%20devices

http://www.overclock.net/t/1414314/avago-pixart-sensor-confusion

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/237736-deciding-what-gaming-mouse-to-pick/

The 3310 is arguably the better sensor, and is offered on mice that have more bang for the buck and don't make you put up with synapse.

And a avago sensor is the cheaper variant, they are under cross licensing with pixart, who makes the 3310.

The 3310 is arguably the better sensor

Wth are you talking about, Pixart bought the patents from Avago, so there is only Pixart left, there are no "Avago" or Pixart Variants, it simply is either PMW3310 or it isnt.

S3988/3989 and PMW3310 are based on the A9800, altough S3988 offers a different casing, higher FPS and a higher multiplier, and is also more expensive than PMW3310, PMW3310 being the netry to the mid level.

You've ended up confusing me xD...For now I'm stipl leaning on corsair.

You've ended up confusing me xD...For now I'm stipl leaning on corsair.

Simplest thing to do imo, is to just go to the store, feel both mice, and go with whatever you feel happiest with. If you don't need to hear all the technical stuff then don't worry about it, really, you'd be fine with a 400 dpi mice that just feels good in your hands and has no noticeable acceleration.

I've used Razer products for a long time, and really my only gripe with them is the high price for the features and bang for your buck. If the Deathadder Chroma for example was a 40 dollar mouse, I would not complain at all. But for the price at 70 bucks, there are options.

Wth are you talking about, Pixart bought the patents from Avago, so there is only Pixart left, there are no "Avago" or Pixart Variants, it simply is either PMW3310 or it isnt.

S3988/3989 and PMW3310 are based on the A9800, altough S3988 offers a different casing, higher FPS and a higher multiplier, and is also more expensive than PMW3310, PMW3310 being the netry to the mid level.

And yea, you're right, did a little checking the 9800 is more expensive, but does that mean better? 

3988 specs

3310 specs

Casing means nothing in terms of performance and what the user expects from the mouse so....yea. Higher fps? You mean it takes more picutres per second of where the mouse is, therefore theoretically better tracking? I doubt that unless you're moving your mouse at such high speeds that you'd actually notice the 3310 letting you down. And why does the sensor have MORE acclertation? That's NOT a good thing, at least with the 3310 the accel that it does have is minimal but consistent, so it doesn't fuck with your aim. And a higher multiplier? More dpi means jack, I can't see someone needing more than 3200 dpi unless they play with a ridiculous high sens on a 4k monitor. 400 dpi for 16 inches per 360 is plenty, at least for me. More dpi has never meant a more accurate mouse.

So I don't know what you're getting at here, but the S3988 hasn't really proven to be better. If anything, it's overpriced since if it is more expensive, is why a 69.99 dollar mouse offers features you'd see on a lower priced product, two thumb buttons, left click, right click, scroll wheel, whoopee.

Meanwhile the Castor has a DPI button on top, the 3310 sensor, and so on and so forth and you can read all the details here. As for the Deathadder, go here.

Also, you post on the Overclocked forums and in a similar manner, so unless you actually have something to reference to back your shit up, you're giving pretty terrible advice.

And yea, you're right, did a little checking the 9800 is more expensive, but does that mean better? 

3988 specs

3310 specs

S3988 is better and more expensive than PMW3310, given decent/same FW Quality and latest SROM.

PMW3310 is obviously the cheapest.

A9800 is the most expensive, but also comes with an integrated lightsource, and obv. it is the worst for the end user.

Casing means nothing in terms of performance and what the user expects from the mouse so....yea.

But it makes PCB changes necessary, changing overall costs.

Higher fps? You mean it takes more picutres per second of where the mouse is, therefore theoretically better tracking? I doubt that unless you're moving your mouse at such high speeds that you'd actually notice the 3310 letting you down.

Higher Updaterate obviously changes the cursorfeel.

And why does the sensor have MORE acclertation?

Trackinglinearity between S3988 and PMW3310 is the same, and maybe you should rethink what Acceleration in combination with g means.

More dpi means jack, I can't see someone needing more than 3200 dpi unless they play with a ridiculous high sens on a 4k monitor. 400 dpi for 16 inches per 360 is plenty, at least for me. More dpi has never meant a more accurate mouse.

Being both based on A9800(which is 800*8), both could have the same capabilities, and while it doesnt matter to you, it does to some, not to mention the plus in marketing. Rather have 6400cpi without lies than 6500 BS ones.

So I don't know what you're getting at here, but the S3988 hasn't really proven to be better.

It is the mroe potent option and should be used in the "1% Gear", but it isnt in many cases due to casing, PMW3310 is still the same 20-dip as the A3090-A3060 was.

If anything, it's overpriced since if it is more expensive, is why a 69.99 dollar mouse offers features you'd see on a lower priced product, two thumb buttons, left click, right click, scroll wheel, whoopee.

Meanwhile the Castor has a DPI button on top, the 3310 sensor, and so on and so forth and you can read all the details here. As for the Deathadder, go here.

I wasnt talking about the pricing of specific products. Regardless, you dont need to link them because i had both here.

Also, you post on the Overclocked forums and in a similar manner, so unless you actually have something to reference to back your shit up, you're giving pretty terrible advice.

I couldnt care less about OCN given that certain people cant understand things like CPI not being limited by the array even after being it told for years. And the only source i can publicly name is Skylit, it also should be understandable that i dont share the "in depth" Datasheets or any Names or Companies.

But the other guy commented that the razor one has a better sensor...

he is a fanboy and wrong

Simplest thing to do imo, is to just go to the store, feel both mice, and go with whatever you feel happiest with.

Yes the problem is that there is not any stores that have them where I live ;(

You don't have a Fry's or Micro Center close by????

Well, I guess you'll have to just go with your guts. Honestly though I'd look at more options besides those two, something like a Zowie  FK 2, a Logitech G502, Mionix Castor, Roccat Kone, just look at your options first is all I'm saying.

Not here were I live in UK, I've been to 'murica and in the first wallmart I entrr there is the k40 and I tryed it was amazing tho.

Yeah, I've looked at others... I think my almost final decision is the M65 RGB Black.

I used an M65 for about 3 days until it started double clicking. I used my razer deathadder for years until. Currently using Logitech g303. Why are you so focused on corsair or razer? Just curious. 

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

I used an M65 for about 3 days until it started double clicking. I used my razer deathadder for years until. Currently using Logitech g303. Why are you so focused on corsair or razer? Just curious.

I'm not it's just they are the only ones I like that fit my color scheme

I'm not it's just they are the only ones I like that fit my color scheme

G303 is RGB so it can match anything. :P What is your color scheme?

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

G303 is RGB so it can match anything. :P What is your color scheme?

Either white and red or black and red

Either white and red or black and red

Check out the g303. It is a black mouse. Logitech make great products. I have a keyboard of their that I managed to spill HOT wax into and thing still worked. Granted I had to take it apart at 4am to clean it but still impressive! It is an odd shape so may not be for you. 

Check out the g303. It is a black mouse. Logitech make great products. I have a keyboard of their that I managed to spill HOT wax into and thing still worked. Granted I had to take it apart at 4am to clean it but still impressive! It is an odd shape so may not be for you.

Yeah, it's just that it looks (to me) really ugly.