4K Video shooting DSLR around 1000€?

So upgrading from a smartphone camera to a proper one, I need some help!

The environment will be: Close ups and nature shots.

It should either record high bitrate & mp 1080p that could be upscaled to 4k without looking crap OR shoot good looking 4k video.

Also it should have a wide range of compatible lenses.

You can also link me your lense (good quality but not overly expensive) recommandation for that camera!

blubb

At this price range, the best option for you to record 4K will be the Panasonic GH4.  Or get one of these camcorders

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Video+Resolution_4K&ci=1871&N=4294548093+3767012660

But moving from using a phone to a proper camera can be a big jump... and your "close ups and nature shots" is very generic.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

At this price range, the best option for you to record 4K will be the Panasonic GH4.  Or get one of these camcorders

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Video+Resolution_4K&ci=1871&N=4294548093+3767012660

But moving from using a phone to a proper camera can be a big jump... and your "close ups and nature shots" is very generic.

Yeah I mean that i will use it in a wide range of use scenarios. With a camcorder e.g. I don't have the possibility to zoom (optical) that much.

But thanks for that!

blubb

Yeah I mean that i will use it in a wide range of use scenarios. With a camcorder e.g. I don't have the possibility to zoom (optical) that much.

But thanks for that!

With a camcorder you have a longer optical zoom reach than with a DSLR.  With a DSLR you will have to invest in long telephoto lenses that are expensive to get that reach.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

If you have a little extra budget I would highly recommend the Sony RX10 ii. It'll do 4k video, and 1080p slow mo (120 continuous or 240 2 second burst). I don't know what nature shots you're doing but everything is better with slow-mo  :) just don't over use it. It's a fixed 24-200 2.8 equivalent lens.  Close focus at 200 is pretty good; might not be good enough for super macro work but you can add filters which will get you there. (Side note: I know it has a power zoom but I don't know if it'll be smooth enough for documentary style zoom pulls). It records XAVC-S and can be shot in SLog. (Note: Do not use SLog if you don't know what you're doing, the image will look disgusting. XAVC-S is a very efficient codec but with that efficiency comes a high overhead, it can be difficult to work due to high computational requirements).

If you don't have to buy lenses there are a few accessories that will really help. 

I highly recommend a good stereo mic as a next investment. Beautiful image has nothing on immersive sound, especially in nature documentary. If the person is watching your clip can clearly hear all the small sounds (like running water, bugs, birds, etc) it'll be better way better than amazing visuals. 

If you're doing larger nature shots (landscape/large scenes) a stabilizer would also be a cool addition. They're a bit expensive and some take time to set up correctly, but when you can make the camera "fly" through a beautiful landscape it's an amazing shot. Check out Devin Graham's Kualoa Adventure video on Youtube to see examples. Personally, I would buy a electronic 3-axis gimbal instead of learning the Glidecam. 

A good Circular Polarizing Filter can make landscapes way more dramatic and give you a little bit more room to get the sky properly exposed.