Gtx 960m owners, do you regret it?

melias24

Hey guys so its came back to me again that I want a laptop,to replace my desktop. Anyway, I only game occasionally (GTA 5 and bf4 are the most demanding games I own/play) and the most laptops in my price range (1200-1800 aud being the most) have gtx 960m's. Anyway, do any of you guys own a laptop with that GPU and play GTA and bf4? Would you recommend it, or would you go for a gtx 970m laptop if you were buying again?? What good GPUs are on the AMD side, regarding laptops? Also, the Logitech MX master is a mouse I've wanted for ages, but I read the max DPI rate is 1600dpi, and that seems very very low. Do any of you MX master owners game on it? If you wouldn't recommend it for gaming I'll just keep my m45 (included mouse question to avoid making another thread)

Thanks,

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I've got SLI 965m's in my laptop, and I must say I'm far from disappointed, but I imagine one 960m would be a different story altogether.  If you've got the money I'd say a laptop with a 970m is a safer bet, but the 960m is alright for a lot of games.  Just don't expect to be playing high details at 60 fps on a lot of modern games.  

Oh signature time!  It's on now, gonna give ya somethin snarky and clever and think way too hard about this because I'm really concerned about what people on the internet think of me.  Better google some good quotes to put in here too.....oh wait I'm not a loser.

I haven't seen AMD laptop GPU's for a long long time, I can't remember if they even make them?

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I haven't seen AMD laptop GPU's for a long long time, I can't remember if they even make them?

Lol.  They do but.....well let's just say that AMD works better for desktop GPUs.  Their mobile solutions leave a lot to be desired.  

Oh signature time!  It's on now, gonna give ya somethin snarky and clever and think way too hard about this because I'm really concerned about what people on the internet think of me.  Better google some good quotes to put in here too.....oh wait I'm not a loser.

I don't have a 960m, but expect 950 non-m performance at lower power use. The only advantages would be better battery life and smaller form factor.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I've got SLI 965m's in my laptop, and I must say I'm far from disappointed, but I imagine one 960m would be a different story altogether. If you've got the money I'd say a laptop with a 970m is a safer bet, but the 960m is alright for a lot of games. Just don't expect to be playing high details at 60 fps on a lot of modern games.

Ah OK I want to at least be playing st a mix of medium- high. I know on bf4 is plays high settings at an average of 60 something or something around there but I just wanted to ask some owners to be safe.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one