Is this build good? (useful)

Well first off all I am new in this forum and bc I have watched tons of linus videos I decided to come here and ask you guys fo some help with this, my first pc build of my own. Well, first of all I am going to strat with the components, I am really looking forward your opinions so be sure to tell what you think about them, if there are any upgrades I should do to maximize this build's efficiency. Btw this is suposed to be a gaming build  so feel free to say whatever you think it might help to make it better :P (components are listed below):

-M/b (amd): msi 970 gaming, am3+ socket (this is the only hardware I own atm)

-Cpu: amd vishera fx-6300 3.5ghz(4.1ghz boost), hexacore amd processor (I was thinking about upgrading the cpu to an octacaore fx series)

-RAM: hyperX fury 1866mhz DDR3 2x4gb (any suggestions here? maybe using 2133mhz ram would be worthy?)

-HDD: seagate 1tb 7200rpm 64mb

-Graphics card: Asus gtx950 strix 2gb http://www.amazon.com/GeForce-128-Bit-GDDR5-Graphics-STRIX-GTX950-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING/dp/B013XFK062/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443844270&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+gtx+950 (here is where I start struggling a bit, I  watched the video in linustt where this gpu and the EVGA ftw are compared, although the ftw version can not be found in my country (I know pretty sad uuuuhg...), so after watching a lot of benchmarking/comparisson videos about this card (asus) against msi, zotac and the rest, it showed up to have the biggest avg fps in gaming, not quite sure if I should try gtx960/970 so I really need some help here with how can I get the best gaming experience with these "low price" cards)

-Power supply: cx500 modular corsair power supply 80+ bronze, well in the coolermaster page to check out the wattage your build is going to consume, it said it was going to be around 390ish watts but again.. had trouble finding the cx430 psu in my country and it is even harder to find the low wattage psu of coolermaster and thermaltake and I choose the cx500 in case I buy one more graphics card in the future, I am really looking forward your help here cause I know power consumption is not something to take lightly, so any help here will be appreciated <3

-Case: at last but not less, the case, here there are tons of options and I got some of my own: CoolerMaster K380 and Thermaltake G41 (Window) (CA-1B4-00M1WN-00), hope you liked this build  and plz help me telling me if there are ways to make it better?!?! :P this is my first post here so please do not kill me with offensive comments T-T

Ps: I am probably going to upload a video in my youtube channel when the build is ready  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyiPcgDNPPRknbC_LKf07nA please sub if you are looking forward this build <3

is this for gaming?

i think intel would be better, because games don't really use all the cores

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

USE pcpartpicker

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Don't use CX power supplies.

Don't go AMD (for CPUs)

Get an SSD.

You only need 1600 MHz RAM for gaming.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Don't go AMD for processors.*

Get an SSD.

Fixed that for you. Saying that would mean you're saying to not consider AMD GPUs, which would be a very silly and uneducated suggestion.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Fixed that for you. Saying that would mean you're saying to not consider AMD GPUs, which would be a very silly and uneducated suggestion.

Thank you for clarifying it for him. AMD GPUs are a great value for money. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If you want to use AMD for a CPU. my input would look into an aftermarket cooler for it. Trust me on this since I run a 8320 (8core). The stock fan ran at FULL SPEED all the time and whole room got toasty. If you have the budget for an CM evo one (around 30USD)

PSU - stay around 500 or get a 650 if you can.

Comes to AMD CPUs.. nothin wrong with them, other then they love power and heat, but works when you are on a budget... just avoid AMD GPU... they don't know how to make driver updates. :v Well some cards, the updates break... that is. lol

Fire Tail: CPU - Intel 7700k. MOBO - MSI M5 Gaming Z270

RAM - G.Skill RipJaws V 2x8GB (16GB). GPU - MSI 1070 Gaming X

Editing Rig: CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x with NZTX Krackenx240. MOBO - MSI ACE MEG Z570

RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (16GBx2) 3200hz. GPU - MSI Gaming Trio 2070 Super

-snip-

What's your budget??

Also consider this:

Don't go AMD CPUS (GPUS are fine)

Get an SSD.

And don't forget to follow your own posts @Habby

Thank you for clarifying it for him. AMD GPUs are a great value for money. 

True, nvidia is a bit overpriced especially on the lower-mid end gpus (960 and 950...)

@Habby this PC will rekt the one you've posted about for ~700USD

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($175.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Sandisk Z400s 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.93 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($203.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($57.02 @ Mac Mall) 
Total: $665.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-03 00:32 EDT-0400

ty so much guys for replying to my post as for the psu which one should I use since almost all of you said cx are not that great, any suggestions (brands, wattage)?

about the ram you guys say that 1600mhz is ok for gaming the thing is the same ram (4gb) but with a clock speed of 1600mhz has a price of 19k pesos (in my country) and the 1866mhz ones are 20k pesos the difference is 1k(pro math phd proffesor Kappa) that is about 1.5$usd difference so I think the price difference is "nothing at all" and I will definitely look for an ssd, completely forgot it lmao as for the GPUs I have heard a lot of experiences of amd being not so worthy overtime, they usually overheat and their life shortens pretty quickly, that is the reason I rely more in Nvidia, although I am not saying amd is bad or any of the sort

ty so much guys for replying to my post

1) as for the psu which one should I use since almost all of you said cx are not that great, any suggestions (brands, wattage)?

2) about the ram you guys say that 1600mhz is ok for gaming the thing is the same ram (4gb) but with a clock speed of 1600mhz has a price of 19k pesos (in my country) and the 1866mhz ones are 20k pesos the difference is 1k(pro math phd proffesor Kappa) that is about 1.5$usd difference so I think the price difference is "nothing at all" and I will definitely look for an ssd, completely forgot it lmao

3)as for the GPUs I ave heard a lot of experiences of amd being not so worthy overtime, they usually overheat and their life shortens pretty quickly, that is the reason I rely more in Nvidia, although I am not saying amd is bad or any of the sort

No problem :P

1) For PSU i'd recommend EVGA, or Seasonic or Antec, and 500-600w will do you fine.

2) For ram i guess you should read this thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/449865-basic-ddr3-ram-guide-3/ to see which kit is more convenient because of CAS latency

3) That's not 100% true but if you're going to aim for a mid range 1080p rig, an amd gpu will be a bit better than nvidia, also the may consume a bit more power, but the don't overheat at all with the coolers they're equipped, if you're going amd, then sapphire and msi are your best optios

Off topic: where are you from, since your country uses pesos, then you're from a south american country 

If you want to use AMD for a CPU. my input would look into an aftermarket cooler for it. Trust me on this since I run a 8320 (8core). The stock fan ran at FULL SPEED all the time and whole room got toasty. If you have the budget for an CM evo one (around 30USD)

PSU - stay around 500 or get a 650 if you can.

Comes to AMD CPUs.. nothin wrong with them, other then they love power and heat, but works when you are on a budget... just avoid AMD GPU... they don't know how to make driver updates. :v Well some cards, the updates break... that is. lol

just was looking for some heat spreaders for the cpu and the coolermaster hyper 212 evo seemed like the best option, maybe it is too expensive? I do not really have many options in my country, we do not have much variety and prices are high as F****, what is your opinion  about that cpu cooler?

1) For PSU i'd recommend EVGA, or Seasonic or Antec, and 500-600w will do you fine.

2) For ram i guess you should read this thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/449865-basic-ddr3-ram-guide-3/ to see which kit is more convenient because of CAS latency

3) That's not 100% true but if you're going to aim for a mid range 1080p rig, an amd gpu will be a bit better than nvidia, also the may consume a bit more power, but the don't overheat at all with the coolers they're equipped, if you're going amd, then sapphire and msi are your best optios

Off topic: where are you from, since your country uses pesos, then you're from a south american country 

you got that right, I am from chile, and we do not have a huge variety of tech products to pick plus prices are extremely high for example if a gpu costs around 100$usd it might cost around 80-90k pesos in my country (if you know where to look) that would be 130ish$usd if we convert it back... so yea, intel stuff are the ones to be less affordable here.

And btw ty for the psu choice, at first I really thought about getting the EVGA but wasn't sure if 600wtts would be a great idea, thought there was going to be a lot of energy not being used

True, nvidia is a bit overpriced especially on the lower-mid end gpus (960 and 950...)

good to know, going to watch more benchmarking with amd GPUs which prices are alike Nvidia's so I can make a better choice :P

you got that right, I am from chile, and we do not have a huge variety of tech products to pick plus prices are extremely high for example if a gpu costs around 100$usd it might cost around 80-90k pesos in my country (if you know where to look) that would be 130ish$usd if we convert it back... so yea, intel stuff are the ones to be less affordable here.

And btw ty for the psu choice, at first I really thought about getting the EVGA but wasn't sure if 600wtts would be a great idea, thought there was going to be a lot of energy not being used

In my country is more less the same, tech is quite expensive.

For psu wattage, you can use pcpartipicker.com put all your components and it will tell you the wattage and for the rule of thumb, just add 100w more of the total system and you're good to go :D

good to know, going to watch more benchmarking with amd GPUs which prices are alike Nvidia's so I can make a better choice :P

Yup, you should research a bit more :D

just was looking for some heat spreaders for the cpu and the coolermaster hyper 212 evo seemed like the best option, maybe it is too expensive? I do not really have many options in my country, we do not have much variety and prices are high as F****, what is your opinion  about that cpu cooler?

212 evo is what I have on mines and that is keeping my CPU below 40C in games and heavy load. It is a good deal IMO and shouldn't break the bank too badly.

For PSU, can try Corsair, but avoid the CX versions. I have a Corsair TX650, which is about 3-4 years old already and still kicking it.

GPU - If you want a AMD GPU. I think the Radeon R7 370 (ref: MSI Radeon R7 370) would be perfect. that is about 179.99 USD. 10.00 USD then the GPU you are looking at.

Fire Tail: CPU - Intel 7700k. MOBO - MSI M5 Gaming Z270

RAM - G.Skill RipJaws V 2x8GB (16GB). GPU - MSI 1070 Gaming X

Editing Rig: CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x with NZTX Krackenx240. MOBO - MSI ACE MEG Z570

RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (16GBx2) 3200hz. GPU - MSI Gaming Trio 2070 Super

Ok so, I read the DDR3 ram guide (life saver btw, added it to my bookmarks xD ty so much for that) and started to look for a new ram kit the thing is I finally ended up having 2 different ram kits, both g.skill ripjaws so the first one is 1600mhz and its latency specs are 7/7/8/24 (I actually consider this really low) at a price of 69k$pesos(97,87$usd i know it is really expensive -.- f*** my country lol) and the other kit is 2133mhz latency 9/11/10/31 (considerably higher, jw does this affect the gaming experience? and if it does is it really noticeable or not that much) at the price of 63k$pesos (pretty much like a 10$usd difference) but in the perfomance chart on the ddr3 guide shows the 2133mhz to be 0.26x times better than the 1600mhz one although the latency gap is really big between these two and I think that is going to be the key to choose which one I should buy, could you help me out with the desicion making? btw ended up with those two kits bc they were the only ones with a cl of 9 or less

Don't listen to that (AMD cpus are shit) bullshit. I run an Intel cpu but an amd cpu will work just fine.

If you're planning to upgrade to a 8 core fx I suggest you save up for a few more weeks and go for it straight.

You'll be getting quite some value with both the 950 and 960 so pick one that fit your budget with 960 being the obvious winner here. Don't bother with bench marks you'll run 1080p games just fine as long as it's not triple A max settings.

I'll suggest you use the stock cooler for the start and get a good cooler next

Ok so, I read the DDR3 ram guide (life saver btw, added it to my bookmarks xD ty so much for that) and started to look for a new ram kit the thing is I finally ended up having 2 different ram kits, both g.skill ripjaws so the first one is 1600mhz and its latency specs are 7/7/8/24 (I actually consider this really low) at a price of 69k$pesos(97,87$usd i know it is really expensive -.- f*** my country lol) and the other kit is 2133mhz latency 9/11/10/31 (considerably higher, jw does this affect the gaming experience? and if it does is it really noticeable or not that much) at the price of 63k$pesos (pretty much like a 10$usd difference) but in the perfomance chart on the ddr3 guide shows the 2133mhz to be 0.06x times better than the 1600mhz one although the latency gap is really big between these two and I think that is going to be the key to choose which one I should buy, could you help me out with the desicion making? btw ended up with those two kits bc they were the only ones with a cl of 9 or less

My step mom is from Chile. If you already have a amd mother board i would go with the amd cpu. Save the money and use that toward a better gpu.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

My step mom is from Chile. If you already have a amd mother board i would go with the amd cpu. Save the money and use that toward a better gpu.

I amd actually able to get some stuff from newegg with a little bit of help from one of my mom's friend, so I'll be able to mostly all the stuff for the right price, btw actually I am thinking about buying the msi r9 380 even tho the 280x is better, I get carried away by aesthetics xD

I amd actually able to get some stuff from newegg with a little bit of help from one of my mom's friend, so I'll be able to mostly all the stuff for the right price, btw actually I am thinking about buying the msi r9 380 even tho the 280x is better, I get carried away by aesthetics xD

Those are close enough in performance to where if you like the aesthetics of one over the other I would go with the one that looked best with your build.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger