FiiO E10K - Volume not loud at all?

CC268

I just got my AKG 612 headphones and my FiiO E10K...my Windows Volume is at 100% and even with the FiiO knob at 8 it isn't very loud. I know this can't be right - not sure what is going on here.

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

On the back there should be a gain switch, flip it to high :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Yea that definitely helped a lot...I have Realtek Audio with my motherboard and is there anything I need to do with that?

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Yea that definitely helped a lot...I have Realtek Audio with my motherboard and is there anything I need to do with that?

No.

Alright - volume wise it is a lot better with the gain switch on - I just wasn't sure if that was bad to turn that on?

Alright - volume wise it is a lot better with the gain switch on - I just wasn't sure if that was bad to turn that on?

Could cause the unit to overheat and explode violently, driving aluminum shrapnel into your face holes.

Ah alright..

Ah alright..

Lol, no, you'll be fine. SSL'S such a jokester

Higher gain will have higher background noise, but if you don't get enough volume on the lower setting you shouldn't notice much if any.

Could cause the unit to overheat and explode violently, driving aluminum shrapnel into your face holes.

i heard you gain weight if you turn it on . It's something about the sound messing up your brain's calorie control 

I will say I played a round of CS:GO and it was PLENTY loud even at setting 3 on my FiiO. I notice on like YouTube and stuff though I need to crank it up more...

I will say I played a round of CS:GO and it was PLENTY loud even at setting 3 on my FiiO. I notice on like YouTube and stuff though I need to crank it up more...

Yes that is typical. Audio producing on YouTube is generally sub par, and movies/TV are also typically on the quieter side.

Alright great, good to know!