970 to 980Ti Upgrade

iDeJayDzn

So im looking to get rid of my EVGA 970 FTW+ for a single 980Ti. Although i know the Lightning and Kingpin is the fastest as far as i can tell. I'm just wondering what people can find that are the best price to performance 980Ti's as i dont want to pay £630 for a lightning when the G1 is like £560. If anyone could let me know about the 980ti scales as i couldnt find any, only 970 and 980 ones. Appreciated!

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

can i have that 970

i have 300 dollars

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

well you see there is no difference except the cooler and when you pay $150 more then you get the different pcbs maybe...

the best price to performance is probably the third to fifth cheapest ones, just because that's were the good coolers and cheap prices are usually, because they are all the same.

So the Kingpin and Lightning are for people who are doing high overclocks, hence the premium for the higher quality components. They're not necessarily going to give you the best performance for your dollar in gaming.

If it were me and I had the cash, I would maybe get the Classified 980 Ti.

Pretty simple is that most of them are the same. Go for the cheapest while not getting some POS crap card with horrible cooling. Look for sales on r/buildapcsales

| CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.8ghz | GPU: GTX 970 Windforce | RAM: Adata 1866mhz 8gb | MIC: Blue Yetti | MOBO: Asrock Pro |

| CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe |STORAGE: 1x 1 TB Hard drive 2x Samsung SSDs in Raid 0 | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex | MOUSE: Logitech G600 |

Id get a zotac 980ti AMP! extreme

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

So im looking to get rid of my EVGA 970 FTW+ for a single 980Ti. Although i know the Lightning and Kingpin is the fastest as far as i can tell. I'm just wondering what people can find that are the best price to performance 980Ti's as i dont want to pay £630 for a lightning when the G1 is like £560. If anyone could let me know about the 980ti scales as i couldnt find any, only 970 and 980 ones. Appreciated!

did you consider getting a second 970

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

did you consider getting a second 970

Yep although it's better for a single card whilst at the same time being the same price for me if i sell my card for £280 ono

280 + 297 = 573

Most 980ti's = 553

So if i get rid of my 970 for around £280 then i'd be saving money. 

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

The Gigabyte G1 is probably the best price to performance of the Tis right now.

The problem is near enough every card will be down to the silicon lottery. If you put stock in asic quality, only EVGA guarantee ranges for your card and that's the mega expensive Kingpin edition only.

The other options look like the £569 FTW or £589 Classified. There are a few other cards floating around that are in that Classified price range (Strix, Amp! Extreme), but £550-590 looks like the category you should be focusing on for price:performance.

Oh I forgot, the Palit Jetstream is around £500, but I really can't find many reviews of it. I'm not sure on that one.

The Gigabyte G1 is probably the best price to performance of the Tis right now.

The problem is near enough every card will be down to the silicon lottery. If you put stock in asic quality, only EVGA guarantee ranges for your card and that's the mega expensive Kingpin edition only.

The other options look like the £569 FTW or £589 Classified. There are a few other cards floating around that are in that Classified price range (Strix, Amp! Extreme), but £550-590 looks like the category you should be focusing on for price:performance.

Oh I forgot, the Palit Jetstream is around £500, but I really can't find many reviews of it. I'm not sure on that one.

I've just found the MSI 6G for 559.99 and the G1 for £574.96 so i might just get the 6G

Yeah I've seen it on Amazon, MSI cards are normally decent - I just have a personal preference with EVGA.

I am really tempted to get a classified since there are a ton of reports that it regularly gets to 1500mhz on standard aircooling, stock voltages.

Yeah I've seen it on Amazon, MSI cards are normally decent - I just have a personal preference with EVGA.

I am really tempted to get a classified since there are a ton of reports that it regularly gets to 1500mhz on standard aircooling, stock voltages.

See so do i because of their support. Although i cant put my card past 50% fan speed or it's loud as hell. So i want a quieter card.

Would you consider spending more on something like the Hybrid or Seahawk for that extra quietness at high load?

It is quite a bit more expensive due to the attached closed loop watercooler - £650 or so from Scan/Overclockers. (Not sure on the Seahawk's price).

Would you consider spending more on something like the Hybrid or Seahawk for that extra quietness at high load?

It is quite a bit more expensive due to the attached closed loop watercooler - £650 or so from Scan/Overclockers. (Not sure on the Seahawk's price).

Yeah my Phantom wouldnt like that as my H100i barely sits in there...

The EVGA SC+ ACX2.0 + (backplate) is currently on Amazon.uk for £529 which, yeah, that's pretty good....

The EVGA SC+ ACX2.0 + (backplate) is currently on Amazon.uk for £529 which, yeah, that's pretty good....

Probably get that then, EVGA nVidia marriage and support and that.

Although i might get the G1 yet not sure.

I'm not sure about it, just depends on how much money i have and how much i can sell my 970 for. If i cant sell my 970 i might just wait for the next refresh of cards nov/jan time.

URGH

You ought to check out Galax 980ti HoF. It's only about 540 with VAT included.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

You ought to check out Galax 980ti HoF. It's only about 540 with VAT included.

Yeah about that... http://prntscr.com/8msxph

Yeah about that... http://prntscr.com/8msxph

Lol. Go to overclockers.co.uk. that's where I pre-ordered my hof.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Lol. Go to overclockers.co.uk. that's where I pre-ordered my hof.

Couldnt find it because it was under KFA2.

Ready to ship, not bad. I just need to sell my 970 first. 

Thanks man.

The best price to performance 990 Tis that I've seen are the Zotac AMP! Extreme and the Gigabyte G1 Gaming. Of course you could always go with the MSi GAMING 6G if you want something that will give good performance at a steady price.

//EDIT: terribly sorry, I meant 980 Ti!

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

The best price to performance 990 Tis that I've seen are the Zotac AMP! Extreme and the Gigabyte G1 Gaming. Of course you could always go with the MSi GAMING 6G if you want something that will give good performance at a steady price.

Looks like im getting the KFA2 HoF, cheaper than all of them at the moment. Although i cant afford it unless my 970 sells.

Looks like im getting the KFA2 HoF, cheaper than all of them at the moment. Although i cant afford it unless my 970 sells.

Well good luck selling it! Shouldn't be too hard as the 970 is currently the most popular card around.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

Well good luck selling it! Shouldn't be too hard as the 970 is currently the most popular card around.

Considering its the top line of 970's and i bought it for 350 i'm trying to get rid of it for 280/300. Not the best price considering you can get brand new SC's on Amazon at like 220. 

FTW+ still ships at 300 though so... idk, i just cant sell it cheaper than that otherwise i cant really justify buying a 980ti. Instead i'd have to buy another 970, which i dont want to do.