i7 4790k underclocking

lukky211111

well ive been having this lil bit of an issue with my fps. turns out on my cpuid monitor my cpu is only clocking itself at 800mhz max.....what the hell is going on? full hardware specs are here i am running windows 10 64 bit now though.    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hMYxqs

askdjfasdf

Well check your multiplier in the BIOS. While you're at it, set BIOS settings to default. A clean install may be in order, just so you know.

Well check your multiplier in the BIOS. While you're at it, set BIOS settings to default. A clean install may be in order, just so you know.

my bios is a lil slow whoch is unusual idk how to check my multiplier

askdjfasdf

my bios is a lil slow whoch is unusual idk how to check my multiplier

Remove CMOS battery, forget going into the BIOS.

One other thing. Drivers.

. I've never had issues with drivers since upgrading to windows 10 on release its worth a shot though

askdjfasdf

Remove CMOS battery, forget going into the BIOS.

. What why? I'm scared to do that O.o

askdjfasdf

Not scary, don't worry, won't wipe anything but BIOS settings. Just take it out for 30 seconds and put it back in, not complicated at all.

It's harmless. Just resets your bios to default settings.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Not scary, don't worry, won't wipe anything but BIOS settings. Just take it out for 30 seconds and put it back in, not complicated at all.

. And it won't wipe anything other than bios settings?

askdjfasdf

. And it won't wipe anything other than bios settings?

No, it shouldn't. If you doubt me just look it up.

It's harmless. Just resets your bios to default settings.

but I've never really messed with anything in my bios besides doing an update that msi walked me through

askdjfasdf

I'm just afraid of life

askdjfasdf

but I've never really messed with anything in my bios besides doing an update that msi walked me through

Still give it a try and it might fix it up. There's literally zero harm that can come from it.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

run cinebench r15 and observe your core frequency during the test

theres prolly nothing wrong. 

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

If you do end up taking out the cmos battery, make sure you do that while your system is OFF.

If you do end up taking out the cmos battery, make sure you do that while your system is OFF.

Still give it a try and it might fix it up. There's literally zero harm that can come from it.

ok i did that and im running cinnebench now seeing if that tells me anything

askdjfasdf

run cinebench r15 and observe your core frequency during the test

theres prolly nothing wrong. 

my core speeds are at 818 mhz max :/

askdjfasdf

are you using cpuz to monitor core frequency?

can you post a screenshot during the test with cpuz open

what was your score?

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

are you using cpuz to monitor core frequency?

can you post a screenshot during the test with cpuz open

what was your score?

my score was 131 ;/ and yes i was using cpuz how do i screenshot cpuz?

askdjfasdf

get both programs on screen

push print screen button

go to mspaint  

paste image and save image

upload image on forum using the more reply options (bottom right hand side of screen)

sounds like its your bios being screwy or windows power management

go into bios

push F5   load optimized defaults

save and exit

see if that does anything