MGSV: TPP - Mission 18 "Blood Runs Deep" - Power Line Bug

amp88

Hi all. I've discovered what appears to be a strange bug related to one of the power lines in Mission 18 ("Blood Runs Deep") of MGSV: TPP. It seems that I can't shoot the guard who's directly behind the power line, unless I try to hit him in the legs. Aiming higher up (i.e. closer to where the power line crosses in front of him) the shots don't get through. Has anyone else experienced something similar with power lines, in this mission or any others?

Probably collision detection with the wire.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hi all. I've discovered what appears to be a strange bug related to one of the power lines in Mission 18 ("Blood Runs Deep") of MGSV: TPP. It seems that I can't shoot the guard who's directly behind the power line, unless I try to hit him in the legs. Aiming higher up (i.e. closer to where the power line crosses in front of him) the shots don't get through. Has anyone else experienced something similar with power lines, in this mission or any others?

It's not a bug. It's bullet drop. Or it's actually hitting the powerline.

You have to remember sleep weapons have limited range.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

It's not a bug. It's bullet drop. Or it's actually hitting the powerline.

You have to remember sleep weapons have limited range.

No, I don't think it is bullet drop. Firstly, it's not that severe on that rifle (I can get a headshot from 100 metres while aiming between the eyes), and it wouldn't explain the shots which miss that were aimed under the wire (e.g. at around the 2:00 mark).

No, I don't think it is bullet drop. Firstly, it's not that severe on that rifle (I can get a headshot from 100 metres while aiming between the eyes), and it wouldn't explain the shots which miss that were aimed under the wire (e.g. at around the 2:00 mark).

idk. You could simply IDK waddle around ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

idk. You could simply IDK waddle around ?

Sure, changing position is a workaround for the problem, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue. I don't know if I should try to report it to Konami.