GPU fold won't start?

You would have to wait a while to get it running. I had this problem also but after a while it started folding and displayed the PPD.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Just wait, sometimes the client get stuck sometimes displaying the information.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I use my CPU only most times. Is there any reason to use a GPU over CPU?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Generally GPU will give you more PPD. Like before my 3570 would have a total of 10k PPD and with core17 my GPU gives me 80k PPD.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Its stuck at 0.00% and a ETA of unknown but its green and say running.

Go make a cup of coffee and relax. If it's green, it's working. When it turns red... headache time :wacko:

GPU is faster also both of my slots are stuck but using 100%.

Generally GPU will give you more PPD. Like before my 3570 would have a total of 10k PPD and with core17 my GPU gives me 80k PPD.

Ah. I'm averaging about 2k a day it looks like on CPU.

I can never get my GPU to start unless I hit full load.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Ah. I'm averaging about 2k a day it looks like on CPU.

I can never get my GPU to start unless I hit full load.

GPUs fold only when you're computer is at idle or when you have the slider all the way to full folding.

GPUs fold only when you're computer is at idle or when you have the slider all the way to full folding.

Ah didn't realize that.

Set it to full, CPU doesn't even break 60 degrees. Am amazed. Thought it would be higher, so I never did it in case of damaging CPU.

Ah didn't realize that.

Set it to full, CPU doesn't even break 60 degrees. Am amazed. Thought it would be higher, so I never did it in case of damaging CPU.

60c is good. As long as they don't reach up to 85c they're fine. I personally don't like my CPU to get higher than 70C and my GPU higher than 75c.