Recommend a headset

arcticbeaver

I'm looking for a new headset and would like some recommendations. I'd like a headset with pretty good sound quality and a decent microphone, something below 200$ with be pretty cool. I was thinking about getting the Steelseries Siberia V2, they're pretty old, but they seem to be pretty good. 

ATH-M50 with a modmic.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Asus Orion or Asus Orion Pro. They are awesome!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I'm looking for a new headset and would like some recommendations. I'd like a headset with pretty good sound quality and a decent microphone, something below 200$ with be pretty cool. I was thinking about getting the Steelseries Siberia V2, they're pretty old, but they seem to be pretty good. 

Using the SIberia V2, for the 100$ they cost, they are very decent and really really comfortable to wear, even over long periods of time ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

What's a modmic?

Mod mic is like a mic hooked up already to a headset but you use it with headphones instead. Or you can get a clip on zalman mic. Either would be fine. As for headset, asus vulcan pro or logitech g930. All the other logitech headsets are good as well, some are a bit cheaper like $100

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

What's a modmic?

http://www.modmic.com/blogs/news

Quality of microphone compared to blue snowball:

Asus vulcans, they are awesome

I had Vulcans prior to my ATH-M50s. I used them for a year. And I can safely say that the microphone on the Vulcans is pure crap. The audio quality is shit. The bass is non-existent.

That is my experience with the Vulcans after a year of usage. The ATH-M50s just destroys them.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

What's a modmic?

http://www.modmic.com/

Usually headsets don't have the best sound so you put this on a nice pair of cans like ath-m50's and so you have good sound with a mic.

That's quite a good deal. I'll have to check some reviews though and see if they're good

good deal indeed here are some links to my ramblings over the corsair v2k feel free to ask any questions