Wireless Headsets?

ThatJuanGuy

I'm looking for a wireless headset with a mic that offers great sound quality. I really hate wires and I often leave my room to get things and its just annoying having to miss out on what others are saying when i take off my headphones:p I will maily use it for listening to music (Dubstep and heavy metal mainly) and gaming. I'm not too bothered about the price at the moment i just want to see my options, obviously nothing too expensive (for me anyway) like headsets > £200

I'm also curious as to what affects the sound quality of a wireless headset. If they use a USB interface will a sound card make any difference to it's performance? Any wireless headsets that would use a sound card to it's advantage?

Thank you :)

corsair vengeance 2000 is a great pic for your requirements,

Good Morning...

first:

Convenience and more importantly wireless convenience is the only reason why I still have my headset instead of using a wired mic with my audio technica headphones.

USB

usb is kind of necessary for the tech for audio to be sent and received I have yet to see a wireless option that could be used with a separate soundcard, there are a bunch of decent wireless headphones that only receive sound.

wireless has been given a bad name over the years, I too had one of those really really really shitty turtle beach wireless sets... god what a shitty time I had with those. technology has improved and is getting better and better. look at linus' parrot zik unboxing, wireless is going to become more and more prevalent in this segment.

currently there are 3 headsets that I am aware of logitech, corsair and creative. I crossed the logitechs off my list when I was shopping for them as they had 40mm drivers instead of the 50 that the other 2 had however the logitech has the 'g' buttons which is cool, kind of I guess maybe? out of the latter 2 I picked the newer one the corsair.

in hindsight I might have picked up the creative based on 1 fact, it says it has uncompressed wireless. compression is all about getting more information getting thru to the destination mp3's are a form of compressed files and flac, wav and alac files are the uncompressed cousins of mp3's. that said I don't detect any degredation in sound with the corsairs but I am new to headphones and I don't think my ears are trained enough.

that said I really like my corsairs. they pound bass, I have big earlobes and at the right frequencies they get wiggled by the bass. compared to my audio technicas they sound veiled, muffled like a blanket is draped over the sound on the plus side the corsair responds well to equalizer manipulation, they sound good I'm getting better and better at adjusting the EQ. mic is great range is decent and does get the 10 - 14 meters as advertised.

virtual 7.1?

JUNK in fact I even dislike dolby headphone. to me it is like putting toilet paper rolls to your ears to get artificial echo and reverb. I've been forcing myself to use the corsair playing black ops and my audio technicas with dolby headphone on the same game. I really don't like the artificial dolby headphone or the virtual 7.1 I can detect where the sound is coming from but its not as good as getting location queues from a headphone with proper soundstage.

TLDR sometimes convenience trumps fidelity. I give the corsair a thumbs up but the creative's uncompressed transmitter might be something to look at.

corsair vengeance 2000 is a great pic for your requirements' date='[/quote']

They seem great bit a bit bulky, can you use them with a dedicated sound card?

first: Convenience and more importantly wireless convenience is the only reason why I still have my headset instead of using a wired mic with my audio technica headphones. USB usb is kind of necessary for the tech for audio to be sent and received I have yet to see a wireless option that could be used with a separate soundcard' date=' there are a bunch of decent wireless headphones that only receive sound. wireless has been given a bad name over the years, I too had one of those really really really shitty turtle beach wireless sets... god what a shitty time I had with those. technology has improved and is getting better and better. look at linus' parrot zik unboxing, wireless is going to become more and more prevalent in this segment. currently there are 3 headsets that I am aware of logitech, corsair and creative. I crossed the logitechs off my list when I was shopping for them as they had 40mm drivers instead of the 50 that the other 2 had however the logitech has the 'g' buttons which is cool, kind of I guess maybe? out of the latter 2 I picked the newer one the corsair. in hindsight I might have picked up the creative based on 1 fact, it says it has uncompressed wireless. compression is all about getting more information getting thru to the destination mp3's are a form of compressed files and flac, wav and alac files are the uncompressed cousins of mp3's. that said I don't detect any degredation in sound with the corsairs but I am new to headphones and I don't think my ears are trained enough. that said I really like my corsairs. they pound bass, I have big earlobes and at the right frequencies they get wiggled by the bass. compared to my audio technicas they sound veiled, muffled like a blanket is draped over the sound on the plus side the corsair responds well to equalizer manipulation, they sound good I'm getting better and better at adjusting the EQ. mic is great range is decent and does get the 10 - 14 meters as advertised. virtual 7.1? JUNK in fact I even dislike dolby headphone. to me it is like putting toilet paper rolls to your ears to get artificial echo and reverb. I've been forcing myself to use the corsair playing black ops and my audio technicas with dolby headphone on the same game. I really don't like the artificial dolby headphone or the virtual 7.1 I can detect where the sound is coming from but its not as good as getting location queues from a headphone with proper soundstage. TLDR sometimes convenience trumps fidelity. I give the corsair a thumbs up but the creative's uncompressed transmitter might be something to look at. [/quote']

Thank you for your reply, i looked at the corsairs but they seem a bit big and bulky, the same with the creative ones (i looked at the Sound Blaster Tactic3D). They look like they're really good headsets though. In one of Linus's videos he says that it's better to have good headphones with a sound card than just a "gaming" headset. Could you recommend any good wireless headphones with mics that i could use with a sound card?

first: Convenience and more importantly wireless convenience is the only reason why I still have my headset instead of using a wired mic with my audio technica headphones. USB usb is kind of necessary for the tech for audio to be sent and received I have yet to see a wireless option that could be used with a separate soundcard' date=' there are a bunch of decent wireless headphones that only receive sound. wireless has been given a bad name over the years, I too had one of those really really really shitty turtle beach wireless sets... god what a shitty time I had with those. technology has improved and is getting better and better. look at linus' parrot zik unboxing, wireless is going to become more and more prevalent in this segment. currently there are 3 headsets that I am aware of logitech, corsair and creative. I crossed the logitechs off my list when I was shopping for them as they had 40mm drivers instead of the 50 that the other 2 had however the logitech has the 'g' buttons which is cool, kind of I guess maybe? out of the latter 2 I picked the newer one the corsair. in hindsight I might have picked up the creative based on 1 fact, it says it has uncompressed wireless. compression is all about getting more information getting thru to the destination mp3's are a form of compressed files and flac, wav and alac files are the uncompressed cousins of mp3's. that said I don't detect any degredation in sound with the corsairs but I am new to headphones and I don't think my ears are trained enough. that said I really like my corsairs. they pound bass, I have big earlobes and at the right frequencies they get wiggled by the bass. compared to my audio technicas they sound veiled, muffled like a blanket is draped over the sound on the plus side the corsair responds well to equalizer manipulation, they sound good I'm getting better and better at adjusting the EQ. mic is great range is decent and does get the 10 - 14 meters as advertised. virtual 7.1? JUNK in fact I even dislike dolby headphone. to me it is like putting toilet paper rolls to your ears to get artificial echo and reverb. I've been forcing myself to use the corsair playing black ops and my audio technicas with dolby headphone on the same game. I really don't like the artificial dolby headphone or the virtual 7.1 I can detect where the sound is coming from but its not as good as getting location queues from a headphone with proper soundstage. TLDR sometimes convenience trumps fidelity. I give the corsair a thumbs up but the creative's uncompressed transmitter might be something to look at. [/quote']

Thank you for your reply, i looked at the corsairs but they seem a bit big and bulky, the same with the creative ones (i looked at the Sound Blaster Tactic3D). They look like they're really good headsets though. In one of Linus's videos he says that it's better to have good headphones with a sound card than just a "gaming" headset. Could you recommend any good wireless headphones with mics that i could use with a sound card?

USB usb is kind of necessary for the tech for audio to be sent and received I have yet to see a wireless option that could be used with a separate soundcard' date=' there are a bunch of decent wireless headphones that only receive sound. [/quote']

only thing wireless that could use a separate soundcard are one way wireless headphones... no mic

the corsair looks a bit large but the bulk is mostly hollow, its really not that heavy. I can wear these for several hours the velour pads on these are like pillows I sometimes want to rip them off and use them on my other headphones.

again really not that heavy and size is something you are going to have to deal with for a wireless headset it has to have a battery, a transmitter and receiver and have proper chambering to be a headphone. if you want smaller you have to look at wired and forget this wireless business

I saw the Logitech G930's and they look the most "compact". Have you head any experience with them? Are they any good? I'm not sure whether i should get the Logitech G930's or the Corsair 2000s.

I am aware of logitech' date=' corsair and creative. I crossed the logitechs off my list when I was shopping for them as they had 40mm drivers instead of the 50 that the other 2 had however the logitech has the 'g' buttons which is cool, kind of I guess maybe? out of the latter 2 I picked the newer one the corsair.. [/quote']

I never owned any other headsets save for a couple real shitty turtle beaches. 40mm vs 50mm drivers was part of my decision coupled with my past (bad) experiences with other logitech products.

again if you want smaller just wipe the entire idea of wireless headset out of your head I've passed by the g930 when I was in a best buy and theres not that much difference in size between that and a corsair

uhh how old are you? if you are under 14 years old then these might be too large, if not I don't see a problem

I'm 16. Would you say the corsair's have good heavy bass when listening to dubstep or when hearing explosions in games? I tried the 1500's at my friends house and they feel very just, the just look a bit big:p I would still get them though.

that said I really like my corsairs. they pound bass' date=' I have big earlobes and at the right frequencies they get wiggled by the bass. compared to my audio technicas they sound veiled, muffled like a blanket is draped over the sound on the plus side the corsair responds well to equalizer manipulation, they sound good I'm getting better and better at adjusting the EQ. [/quote']

are you trolling? honestly these last few questions I started by quoting myself.

they pound

HOWEVER disregard everything I have said for the corsair V2K I had to RMA this headset due to plastic cracking and now the returned product is cracking again. after 2 1/2 weeks of mild usage. I'm not even using these like I normally would, my raiding guild is going through a transition and I've stopped raiding since the new year.

the corsair is breaking. these aren't the headsets you are looking for

Sorry, i actually did read it i just forgot:p anyway, thank you for your help.

@Aphexx QUOTE: "HOWEVER disregard everything I have said for the corsair V2K I had to RMA this headset due to plastic cracking and now the returned product is cracking again. after 2 1/2 weeks of mild usage.. I'm not even using these like I normally would, my raiding guild is going through a transition and I've stopped raiding since the new year.

the corsair is breaking. these aren't the headsets you are looking for"

How in the heck have you broken them twice?!?! 0.o

I've had mine since shortly after release and have not had a singular problem. Let alone having them crack, or having a 2nd pair crack.

I take care of my stuff.

I can assure OP that they of a very decent build quality and they sound is pretty damn good with nice low bass notes. The software (that you NEED to download from Corsair's website), offers plenty of customization, with numerous pre-sets to choose form, as well as having an EQ, which you can you fiddle with to your hearts content to get whatever sound it is you're chasing.

You may find a problem with having them a bit bulky (I don't)... but thats prolly cos of the 50mm drivers sitting in there, and the nice memory foam that cups your ears maybe.

In all honesty... they're not that big, and they're not that heavy at all.

They're a headset.... you're not trying to impress anyone while your sitting at your computer, or while walking to the toilet to go hang a leak.

Peace.

In all honesty... they're not that big' date=' and they're not that heavy at all. They're a headset.... you're not trying to impress anyone while your sitting at your computer, or while walking to the toilet to go hang a leak. Peace.[/quote']

Haha! Thanks, is there anyone who has used the G930's?