CS:GO - Setup/How to play guide/etc?

CC268

Hey guys,

I just downloaded CS:GO last night and I have never played at all. I have never actually done any gaming on a PC (feels really weird to use a keyboard lol). I am looking for some help on proper settings, keyboard setup, mouse setup, and just how to play the game well overall. I set the video settings on high with Vertical Sync and Motion Blue disabled.

Anyways there are quite a few YouTube videos on CS:GO so I am currently watching those but was wondering if you guys had any good guides, tips, suggestions to share.

Thanks

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Practice, practice, practice is what you need to do if you want to become good. Don't give up if you keep getting rekt. Adjust your mouse sensitivity to around 400-800DPI and change your in-game sensitivity to around 1-2 (or whatever feels comfortable for you, but it should take a few mouse strokes to do a 360). By lowering your sensitivity you're able to be more accurate with your shots. Watch streams and videos of people that are good at the game playing and if you can, try and play with some friends that are a little bit better than your current rank so that you can learn from them.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Take off Vsync, play with low/medium settings for most settings, trust me it helps. War Owl will help you if you're silver or less, after that no real reason to watch him. Watch pro games, I learned a lot from that. Try to learn the spray patterns of guns, though I never really could, and look at me I got to DMG xD

aok4BFp.jpg?1

Try to find a good sensitivity, there are plenty of custom maps for that. Play lots of casual before playing competitive, trust me it helps. Learn callouts for maps before playing them, it'll save your team a lot of salt. The community can be pretty AIDS at times. If you feel like dicking around, do it on a third party service where people don't lose their beloved rank when you do it. Australians are a lot of fun to play with, also fuck with. Trust me, Faceit q'ing for Australia (I live in US) is a blast, because they take it really well, and it's fun to bitch about ping. Find a good custom crosshair, it works wonders, don't do cases, it's AIDS. 

Oh, and when people tell you that you don't deserve your rank, you probably don't. But keep in mind, they probably don't either. And just have fun, seriously

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Thanks for the tips guys!

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Any recommended guns? I went 14 and like 25 on my first game of death match haha

I have a guide for people that are just starting out, you may not understand all of the terms but they will come in time. Im at school so I can't link the guide directly, but I know my steam link and it should be on the right where it says "Guides". You can also friend me and later today I can answer any questions you have/teach you from in game.

:)

www.steamcommunity.com/id/tehdunta

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

The community becomes less aids as you go up the ranks, MGE+ is when the teams actually play together

sadly im MGE and I still get at least 1-2 people per game that don't have a microphone, or don't call out anything. :(

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

Thanks man I will check that out later! I am ordering my headphones and mic either today or tomorrow so hopefully I should have those by the weekend.