Looking for confirmation about windows 10

Enderman
Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,

Go for it. It's that easy. Get the media here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

So my ultrabook was upgraded from 8.1 to 10

Based on this info, all I need for a clean install is the win10 ISO and MS will automatically activate the OS it when it notices its the same PC

no need for product keys or anything

no hardware changes will be made to the ultrabook

I'm sure plenty of people have done the upgrade->clean install with win10, so if you can confirm that this is how it works that would be great, thanks!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So my ultrabook was upgraded from 8.1 to 10

Based on this info, all I need for a clean install is the win10 ISO and MS will automatically activate the OS it when it notices its the same PC

no need for product keys or anything

no hardware changes will be made to the ultrabook

I'm sure plenty of people have done the upgrade->clean install with win10, so if you can confirm that this is how it works that would be great, thanks!

Did you watched Linus video of that? It is on YouTube..

Failure is not an option!

I installed Windows 10 through an upgrade like everyone else, but instead of fiddling with the ISO and hoping Microsoft would automatically activate it, you can just go into the Settings app, and under Update and Security, go to the Recovery tab and from there you can do the Reset This PC option that will automatically reinstall windows.

CPU i5 4690k 4.5GHz 

RAM 16GB 1866MHz 

GPU 980 Ti 1.2GHz 

Did you watched Linus video of that? It is on YouTube..

Do you mean the "windows 10 features and performance" video?

because thats the only video he has about it

and I dont remember him making any video of clean W10 installation process

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do you mean the "windows 10 features and performance" video?

because thats the only video he has about it

and I dont remember him making any video of clean W10 installation process

No there is newer i can't remember that name. It's like w10 aftermath or something. 

Failure is not an option!