My Very first Build with Upgrades.

Eric Kazer

Hi,

This is the very first build that I did sort of around four years ago.

GA-MA785GM-US2H Gigabyte Motherboard

1090t AMD CPU (Basing now @ 3600 MHz)

8 Gigs of some kind of Memory Running at 1086 MHz (rated 1066)

320 GB Hitachi HDD (Had it laying around)

H60 CPU Cooler

XFX 900M HD 6870 2 GB GPU (because of length) OCed to 950 MHz right now)

750 Watt TT PSU

All crammed in to a Compaq CQ 5110 Case from a Compaq pc. (Had that laying around too)

Here's some pics of it.

Still a somewhat useable PC today. Still use it some times.

Want to Build a Z87 Gryphon with a 4770k, & a GTX 780 with 32 GB RAM @ 2,400 MHz (Corsair Vengeance).

Kind of not really to thermal efficient, but I think that the H60 in Push Pull helps, & it just fits.

post-5368-0-00218500-1376444323.jpg

post-5368-0-27743600-1376444442.jpg

post-5368-0-83081300-1376444472.jpg

post-5368-0-45286600-1376444561.jpg

post-5368-0-91329900-1376444602.jpg

Your plans sound very overkill. What are you doing--very heavy professional renders?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yeah, you should really get a new case, apart from looks, that looks absolutely terrible to work with and offers no good cable management options. Also, as anyone on this forum would tell you, you really don't need a 4770K if you're only gaming.

Also, from rumours so far, it seems AMD is planning to undercut 780s price tag with a GPU that performs slightly better than a Titan. Take that with a pinch of salt, but even if they're not able to offer better than titan/780 performance, they'd probably offer better bang for the buck and nVidia will lower their prices to compete, so I would really wait until October before upgrading the GPU unless you really don't care about spending too much.

Wonder if I could fit 7970 in that case just for kicks & Benching.

I know that the case sucks for every thing. It's only the computer room computer. It's not my personal PC.

I have 2 other rigs.

The 2nd is in a 600D, with a Sabertooth 990FX Mobo, Updraded to FX 8350, Corsair 1833 MHz Memory, Pioneer Blu-ray optical drive for entertainment, Recon 3D Championship Edition sound card, H100 for CPU, 7970 GPU. 

The 3rd computer is in a 300R, has a M5A78L-MLX Plus Asus Motherboard. FX8350 CPU, squeezed in a H100 to cool that. 2 140 Cougars in the front of the case. 16 GB 1600 MHz Memory Corsair Vengeance.  HD 7970 GPU,& Recon 3D Championship Edition sound card. Almost forgot 128 GB 840 Pro primary SSD, 3 TB storage HDD. Believe it or not, my fastest PC. Turbo's at 4410 MHz .

Screen capture it, taking a picture of the monitor is horrible. Sorry, just bothers me. :P

Why do you have so many high end computers? Give me one haha. Looks good for what the case is.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Best I could do in a CQ 5110. At time, cutting corners with this crappy case. Funny how I got H60 to fit on the side panel. All trial & error for fun. Toyed with the idea of maybe a 500R. Too old to worry about now. Aside from that, I have a FX8150 laying around. Just purchase a M5A78L-MLX PLUS mobo, & some 1600MHz RAM for it. Maybe a new case too. Can even keep the 1090t, or use the FX8150.

Cameras are fast when they are in your hand. They take live shots.

I know that some older cases dont have cable managment space but its soooo messy in there brrr

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Ya,

There is absolutely no kind of cable management in the thing. No room. Oh, & lots of fan noise. I blame most of it on the GPU. Fan always runs at 40% and higher on the card. Reference 7970 would quiet it down. Might not fit with bottom bay. Might completely interfere or short out cat by contact. The only way to fix cable management is to get a modular PSU. Have better things to spend money on. Plus there are 3 fans & the H60 pump causing a mess. For now it works for a computer room. More than enough power to run daily tasks like browsing, You tube, Play emulated WII games, Gaming, & Office 2010 apps. Really what the thing is for.

It is overclock to the max. If I go any further it will blue screen. I'd say that I did OK with it for what it is. CPU at 4095 MHz (restricted by DDR 2 gen Memory. Memory OCed to 1087 MHz (absolutely Maxed out again). PCI Express at 120 MHz (surprisingly working). Multiplier at 20 in turbo & 18 most of time in non turbo even though it's  not set that way. Front side bus set at 204 MHz. CPU volting at 1.470 volts max, it set to auto. Only thing that is not set to auto is PCIE & Memory clock. Seen system temps of 40 to 42c & CPU 38c max so far after running Dauphine to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Ran Original Street Fighter 4 with setting maxed, still didn't get too hot. I mean if you can call system temp of 104f not hot for form factor. It's at 38c as I write this entry.

Remember I have the CPU cooler in push pull as intake to the case. & the little 90 mm TT fan on exhaust. The GPU well almost blocking the PSU fan. About 3  inches of room in between  the PSU, & the GPU. The only way I could keep it close to tolerance is to run Push Pull in intake from the side panel. I couldn't keep it cool enough to game with the stock heat sink that came with the FX8150 heat sink  that I had on the Sabertooth 990FX board that I had. The thing would hit 60c and above at base clock meaning 3.2 GHz. I believe that it's the same heat for the 1090t anyway.

Good CPU, OK Mobo for it's time, & shitty case. It might run cooler if I took the 90mm Fan out completely. Not much to work with, but fits on the desk. Wonder if 350D is worth a look.