Mechanical Keyboard for <30$?- TVS-e Bharat Gold Mechanical Keyboard (allegedly with Cherry MX Blues)

Go to solution Solved by Shoob,

After some googling, I've found this review. Seems like they are really genuine Cherry MX Blues. 

Greetings,

While mechanical keyboards from brands like Razer, Logitech, Corsair, or Cooler Master might be expensive to begin with, they are even more so on the Indian market. I was under the impression that I'd have to make do with a membrane keyboard forever, until I came across this- A mechanical keyboard for less than $30, which apparently comes outfitted with Cherry MX Blue switches.

Needless to say, I was pretty bewildered. Can anyone verify this?

http://www.flipkart.com/tvs-e-gold-bharat-wired-usb-standard-keyboard/p/itmdvav9sy3w6whz

Regards,
Aereldor.

Probably Crap Switches.

$30 for a keyboard with Cherry MX switches sounds a bit absurd. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I don't think its real MX switches since the price of a single MX switch is about a $1 a switch.

HTID

Its been around for years.BUt no way to ship it out of india.It is legit

1 cherry mx key = rs75

110 keys on a keyboard

110 x 75 = rs8250

mind you, the key prices i have gotten are retail not wholesale

After some googling, I've found this review. Seems like they are really genuine Cherry MX Blues. 

Surprising, but I almost believe it. I've ordered one of these to check them out. Do you know of any telltale ways to distinguish between genuine Cherry MXs and fakes?

Surprising, but I almost believe it. I've ordered one of these to check them out. Do you know of any telltale ways to distinguish between genuine Cherry MXs and fakes?

800px-Mxblue1.jpg

Original MX switches have a "Cherry" brand on them. The review on geekhack shows that they are real Cherry switches and reviews on the flipcart confirms that. I'd suggest getting one, for $30 it's a steal.

800px-Mxblue1.jpg

Original MX switches have a "Cherry" brand on them. The review on geekhack shows that they are real Cherry switches and reviews on the flipcart confirms that. I'd suggest getting one, for $30 it's a steal.

Already grabbed one. Considering getting a few of them. I did go for the PS2 version, though.

My thanks, good sir. I probably wouldn't have found that review by myself.

Already grabbed one. Considering getting a few of them. I did go for the PS2 version, though.

My thanks, good sir. I probably wouldn't have found that review by myself.

PS/2 is usually better than USB for keyboards, even though it's legacy, so you've got an even better deal. :)

TL:DR It's Legit.

Dude, this is real. My previous school had the one which was white in color on the top and if you removed the keycap, the switches were legit MX Blues, and they also had the click-clack distinctive to Blues. Just that my school had them since so long, they had the Windows '98 logo on the Windows Key. Flipkart doesn't ship internationally though.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

TL:DR It's Legit.

Dude, this is real. My previous school had the one which was white in color on the top and if you removed the keycap, the switches were legit MX Blues, and they also had the click-clack distinctive to Blues. Just that my school had them since so long, they had the Windows '98 logo on the Windows Key. Flipkart doesn't ship internationally though.

It's one of the few times I feel fortunate to a resident of INdia. The use of the American dollar in the post was purely for comparative reasons.

On a different note, Logitech India (or Asia, I'm not sure) has this badass gaming mouse called the G90, which I believe is comparable to a Razer DeathAdder for the price of a mere $7 (although I think that's increased slightly).

Seems dumping isn't really bad for everyone, eh?

• 8 months later...

I just got mine today, and I can verify. These are real blues. After this, my old keyboard feels like a touch screen. :P

17 minutes ago, mrrd said:

I just got mine today, and I can verify. These are real blues. After this, my old keyboard feels like a touch screen. :P

Yes, I know; I bought one the day after I created this thread, and it's been in my signature ever since.