Massive server power consumption?

finplayer21

I got my self an IBM System x3650 M1 for a small home server (File hosting + some small game servers).

Today i looked at my electricity bill (get it every 3 months) from 2 months ago and it says last time my power consumption was at 4128 kWh. Now i looked at the meter and it's at 76056. I turned off the server and the consumption halved (My house has 2 running computers with 3 screens in total, fridge, freezer, etc). The server's been sitting pretty much idle so far, only been doing file hosting. Currently some what worried that my next bill will be around 8200€...

Specs of the server:

Intel Xeon E5405

10 GB of RAM (10x1 GB DDR2 Sticks)

2TB Seagate HDD

1TB Samsung HDD

Any ideas if it's really the server and i've just been uninformed or if there's something leaking the power in my house?

Normally, it shouldn't consume over 300w total (server only)... Just measure how much you've been using in total :)

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Plug the server into a kill-a-watt meter and it will measure the KWH usage of whatever is plugged into 

I would if i had one xD Probs gonna buy one tomorrow if i can find any store that sells them...