New SSD and bought win 7 key how to install?

robertdenia
Go to solution Solved by crystal6tak,

Hello, I'm on holidays and I just bought a win 7 key (please no "you should've went with 8) with a new SSD. I want to know if i can download something off microsoft site together with my key so that they configure it and give me an iso to install or what do i do when i have an OEM and i need to install through usb ? Sorry if some of you don't understand or i have grammar mistakes im in a rush. Thanks

Go here (by clicking the blue "here" text).

Scroll down, enter your key and pres Verify. And I'm assuming the next few pages will have a download button to download a Windows 7 ISO file.

To install through USB, go here, press the giant purple "download" button and download the software.

Then go here and follow the instruction to make your USB a windows 7 installer.

Then plug your USB into your computer while only your SSD is connected. Start it up. On the screen it may say something like "Press any key to boot into USB" or something similar. Follow the instruction. Press any key you want on your keyboard. The next few steps SHOULD be obvious. You may end up in a part where you are asked to select a drive to install windows on but your SSD can't be used. Simply select your SSD and format it and it should be usable. 

Feel free to ask any question! Good luck.

Hello, I'm on holidays and I just bought a win 7 key (please no "you should've went with 8) with a new SSD. I want to know if i can download something off microsoft site together with my key so that they configure it and give me an iso to install or what do i do when i have an OEM and i need to install through usb ? Sorry if some of you don't understand or i have grammar mistakes im in a rush. Thanks

Pretty Much Yes. You can download an iso and then use a program to make the usb stick work as an ISO. I did this about a month and a half ago and is super easy. You will need a memory stick 8GB+ and the key.

Once you have the iso Installed, Insert the USB into the computer and go to the motherboard settings and select the USB Stick as the boot drive. after that Just restart Your PC And it should boot into the installer.

Once in the installer choose the boot drive and install it on there.

Personally I didnt use the NCIX Tech Tips video because it is more complicated. There are a lot more easier options https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+install+windows+7+with+usb

Links:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/configure-a-usb-flash-drive-to-be-a-windows-7-installation-platform/

Download Tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Spoiler

Go here (by clicking the blue "here" text).

Scroll down, enter your key and pres Verify. And I'm assuming the next few pages will have a download button to download a Windows 7 ISO file.

To install through USB, go here, press the giant purple "download" button and download the software.

Then go here and follow the instruction to make your USB a windows 7 installer.

Then plug your USB into your computer while only your SSD is connected. Start it up. On the screen it may say something like "Press any key to boot into USB" or something similar. Follow the instruction. Press any key you want on your keyboard. The next few steps SHOULD be obvious. You may end up in a part where you are asked to select a drive to install windows on but your SSD can't be used. Simply select your SSD and format it and it should be usable. 

Go here (by clicking the blue "here" text).

Then go here and follow the instruction to make your USB a windows 7 installer.

Thats what i was looking for. Thanks!