i need answer on my oc voltage

hello again its me...um i have a oc of 4.8 4790k procc at 1.3volts i set it manually not on auto....is this a safe voltage??

hello again its me...um i have a oc of 4.8 4790k procc at 1.3volts i set it manually not on auto....is this a safe voltage??

It depends on your temps.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

1.3V on big air or watercooling is safe it mainly depends on your temps, it's good practice to keep it below 85C on avg.

1.3V on big air or watercooling is safe it mainly depends on your temps, it's good practice to keep it below 85C on avg.

for some reason i cant upload the pics of temp but its mainly on 34c...is that good

for some reason i cant upload the pics of temp but its mainly on 34c...is that good

You need to find he temps while stress testing for a few minutes. Run heavyload or something similar and let us know what they go up to after 5 mins

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Are those idle temps, if they are pretty standard depending on ambient temps. However what about with load, use a stress test program like intel XTU or Adia 64 to get your load temps, those are most important.

You need to find he temps while stress testing for a few minutes. Run heavyload or something similar and let us know what they go up to after 5 mins

can i use evga oc scanner for this 2!!

ok so here the deal...my 4790k comes 4.0 and sais the max oc is 4.5......i get that.....now heres the sit

read pics in order plz

ok so i ran the 4790k at 4.7 ghrtz right...for ten min...the max it got was 71c when stressed and when i clicked stop it went down back to low 30c....ok so i went to 4.8 and tried stress testing it....after 30sec those 2 crashes i posted kept coming up...after 30 sec of full stress....so does this mean the max i can safely oc my proc is 4.7?....or is there something wrong with my pc!?...i would love a answer asap because im worried...thnx

post-263292-0-80591000-1443246999_thumb.

post-263292-0-43577600-1443247014_thumb.

post-263292-0-87998400-1443247034_thumb.

post-263292-0-70304000-1443247047_thumb.

post-263292-0-85465500-1443247058_thumb.

It just means your system isn't stable. Your chip can't handle 4.8ghz, at least not on that voltage. Simple as that.

Go back to 4.7, and stress it for a godd 4h, see if temps remain that low (and it doesn't crash).

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

ok so here the deal...my 4790k comes 4.0 and sais the max oc is 4.5......i get that.....now heres the sit

read pics in order plz

ok so i ran the 4790k at 4.7 ghrtz right...for ten min...the max it got was 71c when stressed and when i clicked stop it went down back to low 30c....ok so i went to 4.8 and tried stress testing it....after 30sec those 2 crashes i posted kept coming up...after 30 sec of full stress....so does this mean the max i can safely oc my proc is 4.7?....or is there something wrong with my pc!?...i would love a answer asap because im worried...thnx

Basically it means your system is capable of short term 4.7ghz @ that voltage but not capable of 4.8Ghz if you want to try 4.8Ghz you would need to up the voltage as long as it's not too high and not too hot. Only thing is you need to stress test for longer say 6-12 hours to ensure good stability and play a few hours of games to see if it will bluescreen freeze up or have problems for stability.

ok so theres nothing wrong...this is typicall in ocing worlds?...remember im new to the pc master race with a master race pc....SO IM STILL LEARNING :)!!!!!

ok so theres nothing wrong...this is typicall in ocing worlds?...remember im new to the pc master race with a master race pc....SO IM STILL LEARNING :)!!!!!

As you increase the frequency, the CPU needs higher voltage to be stable. So finding your maximum overclock is a matter of balance between the two. The process is one of trial and error. It's normal to crash and that doesn't mean there's any damage, but it does mean the CPU is unstable and you'll either need to reduce the frequency or increase the voltage.

Personally, I don't like to go over about 1.3 V, and you should definitely keep it under 1.4 V for safe 24/7 operation. I'd probably try to find the maximum stable frequency at 1.3 V, if it were me. 4.8 GHz is pretty rare for Haswell chips. 4.5-4.6 GHz is more likely.