Monitor HELLLP

BEY_bOred

Hello, 

I have the Benq XL2411Z Monitor and a GTX 980 GPU. The monitor can do 120/144hz. I just bought a mini displayport to DVI (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LUJOAQA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00) as the ports on the GPU are (check attachment) and the ports on my monitor are (check attachment) but i still cant get 120hz or 144hz.

Please help 

Thanks

post-139349-0-47634900-1443026266.jpg

post-139349-0-81848100-1443026267_thumb.

Isn't DVI incapable of greater than 60Hz?

EDIt: It is capable. I don't know then :/

Is it DVI-D only capable of above 60Hz? I remember something like that a long time ago, where DVI-D {with the full pin layout} would work. DVI-A {analog signal with about half of the pins} wouldn't work

but that's just a rumor

Thanks!

Chris R.

Hello, 

I have the Benq XL2411Z Monitor and a GTX 980 GPU. The monitor can do 120/144hz. I just bought a mini displayport to DVI (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LUJOAQA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00) as the ports on the GPU are (check attachment) and the ports on my monitor are (check attachment) but i still cant get 120hz or 144hz.

Please help 

Thanks

attachicon.gifpalit-gtx980-8-rs.jpg

attachicon.gifXL2411Z_connectique_1600.jpg

DisplayPort does not adapt to Dual-Link DVI. Only Single-Link DVI, which maxes out at 1080p 60Hz.

DVI-D will do 144hz but DVI-I won't.

That isn't true at all. If you don't use the VGA section of the port, a DVI-I port is completely identical to a DVI-D port.

Is it DVI-D only capable of above 60Hz? I remember something like that a long time ago, where DVI-D {with the full pin layout} would work. DVI-A {analog signal with about half of the pins} wouldn't work

but that's just a rumor

DVI-D will do 144hz but DVI-I won't.

I would make sure the adaptor supports the correct bandwidth?

DisplayPort does not adapt to Dual-Link DVI. Only Single-Link DVI, which maxes out at 1080p 60Hz.

That isn't true at all. If you don't use the VGA section of the port, a DVI-I port is completely identical to a DVI-D port.

Thanks for the quick response.

The only way i can get 120Hz is if i set the Resolution to 1024x768.

Have I bought the wrong cable. I don't think i can use DVI because on the monitor it is DVI-D(Dual Link), but on the GPU it is DVI-I(Dual Link), different pins on both ends.

Thanks again :)

Have I bought the wrong cable. I don't think i can use DVI because on the monitor it is DVI-D(Dual Link), but on the GPU it is DVI-I(Dual Link), different pins on both ends.

Only Dual-Link DVI can go up to 1920x1080 144Hz, Single-Link can't. DVI-D vs DVI-I doesn't matter.

You will need a DVI-to-DVI cable. DisplayPort and HDMI both only adapt to Single-Link DVI.

Like Glenwing said, you have to use a dual-link DVI-D cable to get 144Hz on 1080p.

You could also use HDMI to get 120Hz at 1080p.