Cannot control sp120 exhaust fan speed

mooseblues

Hello, In my corsair 350D I currently have two AF140's for intake, two SP120's as exhaust on a top mounted h100i, and a single sp120 as a back case exhaust fan. All of these fans are Quiet Edition fans, but I have a very annoying problem with the fan for rear exhaust. I am unable to control its speed, and this thing is running at its maximum RPM (~1300). It's obnoxiously loud and is the only thing keeping my system from being silent. I cannot control its speed via ASUS's fan expert because it is connected into a cpu_opt port, and connecting it to my h100i and monitoring speeds via corsairlink does absolutely nothing. Is there some kind of connection I can purchase to make this fan run at a lower rpm, such as some sort of single fan controller? Could my fan be defective since corlairlink cannot control it? All suggestions are welcome, I am eager to have my system running silently and this is my only obstacle.

†††††

Tumblr // Collection // Wantlist // Last.fm †††††

Go into the bios and manually change the rpm....

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

As before mentioned, the fan is connected to the CPU_OPT header on my maximus vi gene, and this port supports absolutely no fan control in the bios.

Go into the bios and manually change the rpm....

†††††

i'm sure that board has enough fan headers to connect both or your 140s and the rear 120. I know there is a rear header and I'm sure there is at least two on the right edge.

Really depressing we need pwm fans for controlling with the cpu headers. it's a safety feature  :(

By God, you're absolutely right. There is a third fan header near the audio ports I had totally overlooked due to its strange placing. This is the equivalent of asking someone to turn their device off and on again for tech support, but hey I'm not complaining. I'm a fool for not having noticed this before; thank you for your post (even though I read it with an 'Are you serious?' attitude before thoroughly checking)  ;) .

i'm sure that board has enough fan headers to connect both or your 140s and the rear 120. I know there is a rear header and I'm sure there is at least two on the right edge.

Really depressing we need pwm fans for controlling with the cpu headers. it's a safety feature  :(

†††††