Picked up the Destiny PS4...still waiting on downloads

TechSilver13

So I got my PS4 today and updated it pretty quickly. Then I bought The Last of Us Remastered and started to download it ...7 hours later it says there are 4 hours left. This is seriously laughable. The only thing I have to compare it to is Xbox Live, you know a paid service just like PSN now and the downloads are blazing fast in comparison. If this is what PSN paid subscription brings to the table I am not impressed. I have done all the changing of DNS servers and have my proxy setup and it helped a lot but it's still ridiculous that the day I bought the console I can't even play a game. My network speed it 70 megs down and 4.5 up. Is there anything else that can fix this abomination? And yes it is the only thing downloading and the PS4 is the only thing utilizing my network, and I am plugged directly into my router.

Wireless on the PS4 is complete crap(assuming you're using that), I only get like 8Mbps downloading when my internet speed is like 24Mbps. Have you tried ethernet? 

Reading is hard man. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

My PS3 was pretty decent at downloading over both WiFi and ethernet. I'm buying a PS4 (or xbone) sometime this week. Hope this isn't an issue with everyone :/

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I've been reading it could be the destiny effect since everyone is trying to download and play today.

Man idk if it's the servers or the console but lately downloads have been taking me days except at night then it's a 2-3 hours.

I just realized I'm hyped for 2k16 but it will take a day to download.....

Never had any problems with my downloads. Use a cable.. wifi on the ps4 sucks big time

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

There's known issues with the download speeds on PSN, Which they have said they are going to look into.

If you are getting a crappy download rate, pause the download and resume it; it connects to a different server and you might get a faster download rate.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.