GTX 960 2GB, Do I Need More?

jjjepong

Zupp Guys, I've been running this game called "SkyForge" for quite sometime now. Decided to check how my GPU was performing with GPUZ and Afterburner and I was Shocked with what I saw.

I have Power % Stable at 80-82
GPU Temperature Stable at 70-72

GPU Usage Stable at 98-99

Does this mean I need MORE GPUs? Should I get another and bridge them?

Specs of PC:
Intel Core i5 4570 Processor
MSI Z97 Motherboard

MSI GTX 960 GPU

8GB 1600 RAM
256GB SSD

1TB HDD
600W PSU

I do not have anything overclocked. Everything is running on stock settings.

Zupp Guys, I've been running this game called "SkyForge" for quite sometime now. Decided to check how my GPU was performing with GPUZ and Afterburner and I was Shocked with what I saw.

NO

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK SLIING 960S ARE A GOOD IDEA

IT ISNT

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Specs of PC:

Intel Core i5 4570 Processor

MSI Z97 Motherboard

MSI GTX 960 GPU

8GB 1600 RAM

256GB SSD

1TB HDD

600W PSU

I do not have anything overclocked. Everything is running on stock settings.

the temperature and usage are fine, if you want more fps than sli them but if your fine with the performance your getting than dont

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

The memory bus of those things are smaller than my dik (which is big thanks vry much!!)

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

NO

IT ISNT

it is if you already have one and want more performance

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

OC your GTX 960. If performance is still not enough for you - sell it and get GTX 970/980, r9 380/390

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

If your gpu usage wasn't at near 100% it would mean you have a bottleneck in your system. A 980ti will behave in the same way, it will just generate as many frames as it can, regardless of the game, unless you limit framerate through the driver or with vsync

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

NO

IT ISNT

well...

The memory bus of those things are smaller than my dik (which is big thanks vry much!!)

it has color compression + you can OC vram

DX12-2.png

Why the hell SLI 960s when you can buy a 980? WHY? And about DX 12, do you think that based ojnhow lazy devs have been they'll actually take advantage of it?

If your gpu usage wasn't at near 100$ it would mean you have a bottleneck in your system. A 980ti will behave in the same way, it will just generate as many frames as it can, regardless of the game, unless you limit framerate through the driver or with vsync

Does this mean that the CPU is a bottleneck in my system? I dont quite get it. Actually I ordered for an i5-4690K But the suppliers didnt have stock yet. so they gave me this 4570 as a temporary CPU I could use. When I do get my 4590K and Overclock it, would there be any differences in the figures I have now?

NO

IT ISNT

Then what would be a good idea sir?

OC your GTX 960. If performance is still not enough for you - sell it and get GTX 970/980, r9 380/390

Yes I do plan to OC my GPU, but I'm just waiting for a few more of my hardware to arrive. (i5-4690k,H110i GT and a few fans)

I'm quite worried about the temperature of hardware. I'm not very knowledgeable at this are right now, but I am researching & watching videos and tutorials about

System Builds.

Why the hell SLI 960s when you can buy a 980? WHY? And about DX 12, do you think that based ojnhow lazy devs have been they'll actually take advantage of it?

Because I have to throw away my 960 if I get a 980?

Does this mean that the CPU is a bottleneck in my system? I dont quite get it. Actually I ordered for an i5-4690K But the suppliers didnt have stock yet. so they gave me this 4570 as a temporary CPU I could use. When I do get my 4590K and Overclock it, would there be any differences in the figures I have now?

Yes I do plan to OC my GPU, but I'm just waiting for a few more of my hardware to arrive. (i5-4690k,H110i GT and a few fans)

I'm quite worried about the temperature of hardware. I'm not very knowledgeable at this are right now, but I am researching & watching videos and tutorials about

System Builds.

Either getting a 970/390 and selling the 960 or overclocking the hell out of the 960

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

System Builds.

no, you do not have a bottleneck because you got over 90% gpu usage

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Because I have to throw away my 960 if I get a 980?

Sell your POS 960. Or better yet, wait for Pascal.