Upgrade tips/advice

I am looking into pc parts to upgrade my current rig, so that I am able to stream, render/upload videos, and also be able to game off of it, and I'm having a difficult time to decide which upgrades I want to get in the nearer future, here is the list of my current pc.

My current pc parts:

CPU - Intel core i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz

Motherboard - z97 MSI Pc mate

Graphics card - EVGA GTX 770

HDD & RAM - Toshiba 2TB & 8GB RAM

PSU - 800w Apevia

Please, if anyone could help me out with some advice on what parts I should get for the main goals that I want to do with my pc later on as stated beforehand, that would be awesome

you have to be a little more specific, boy. Budget? Level of experience? Besides, use PCPartPicker for this shit. Also, welcome to the forums.

I am looking into pc parts to upgrade my current rig, so that I am able to stream, render/upload videos, and also be able to game off of it, and I'm having a difficult time to decide which upgrades I want to get in the nearer future, here is the list of my current pc.

My current pc parts:

PSU - 800w Apevia

Please, if anyone could help me out with some advice on what parts I should get for the main goals that I want to do with my pc later on as stated beforehand, that would be awesome

Get an R9 380, 370, or a 390 whatever you can afford...also ALPHA KENNY BODY!!1

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

My current pc parts:

PSU - 800w Apevia

oh HOLY FUCK THROW THAT PSU AWAY NOW!!!

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

oh HOLY FUCK THROW THAT PSU AWAY NOW!!!

Lol, alrighty then. My budget that I forgot to mention (since I was in a rush) is about $500 & below for upgrades.

you have to be a little more specific, boy. Budget? Level of experience? Besides, use PCPartPicker for this shit. Also, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry for being new to this stuff, and my budget that I forgot to mention is $500 and below.

I think an SSD, new PSU and video card would be a nice upgrade for you needs.  If you are in the States, this comes in just under $500 and all are good quality parts:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZJtRmG

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

I think an SSD, new PSU and video card would be a nice upgrade for you needs. If you are in the States, this comes in just under $500 and all are good quality parts:

I like the suggestions, but I'm a little concerned about the r9 cards, I just don't feel as if it's "reliable" against nividia's cards, unless if I'm wrong ?

I think an SSD, new PSU and video card would be a nice upgrade for you needs. If you are in the States, this comes in just under $500 and all are good quality parts:

Any suggestions for cpu fan cooler ? i think its time for me to upgrade from a stock cooling fan....

I also am partial to Nvidia cards, but that 390 Nitro from Sapphire is highly rated and will give great 1080p  performance for the forseeable future.  If you want an Nvidia card the only worthwhile upgrade from your 770 with your budget would be a 970.  I got your  total under $500 with an MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozer- a highly rated card (and my last 3 Nvidia cards were MSI and were/are flawless).  In order to cover the extra cost of the 970 vs the 390, I went a little smaller and cheaper on the PSU, but it is still a tier 1 unit and will give you all the juice you need.  I added a cpu cooler and that just nudged it over $500 and will offer you better performance and stable overclocks versus your stock cooler. Here's the new link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8YRynQ

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

I also am partial to Nvidia cards, but that 390 Nitro from Sapphire is highly rated and will give great 1080p performance for the forseeable future. If you want an Nvidia card the only worthwhile upgrade from your 770 with your budget would be a 970. I got your total under $500 with an MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozer- a highly rated card (and my last 3 Nvidia cards were MSI and were/are flawless). In order to cover the extra cost of the 970 vs the 390, I went a little smaller and cheaper on the PSU, but it is still a tier 1 unit and will give you all the juice you need. I added a cpu cooler and that just nudged it over $500 and will offer you better performance and stable overclocks versus your stock cooler. Here's the new link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8YRynQ

Thank you so much for your advice, but for now I'm going for a new psu and cpu cooler, and the 970 for later once I have enough for it. I'll have pictures of my current rig sometime soon so you'll see what I'm working with.

Thank you so much for your advice, but for now I'm going for a new psu and cpu cooler, and the 970 for later once I have enough for it. I'll have pictures of my current rig sometime soon so you'll see what I'm working with.

You're welcome.  When you are ready, post your pics in the general discussion section under the show off your set-up thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/183-show-off-your-setup/

Good luck with the new components.

You're welcome. When you are ready, post your pics in the general discussion section under the show off your set-up thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/183-show-off-your-setup/

Good luck with the new components.

Hey, I'm back again with another question, I want to know what kind of ram I should get for my msi z97 pc mate motherboard? I've been looking into corsair's ram, but not sure about it.

Hey, I'm back again with another question, I want to know what kind of ram I should get for my msi z97 pc mate motherboard? I've been looking into corsair's ram, but not sure about it.

Hello,

I think most brand name ram is good quality.  I have always had Kingston ram and never had problems.  Just get ram that matches your build (if you concerned with matching colour themes), that comes from a reputable brand and that will fit with your particular cpu cooler (large heat spreaders could interfere with the cpu cooler).   

Hello,

I think most brand name ram is good quality. I have always had Kingston ram and never had problems. Just get ram that matches your build (if you concerned with matching colour themes), that comes from a reputable brand and that will fit with your particular cpu cooler (large heat spreaders could interfere with the cpu cooler).

Alright then, I'll most likely go with the corsair's ram, and I just ordered the psu and cpu cooler, so I'll be looking forward to that and will keep you updated if you don't mind.

Alright then, I'll most likely go with the corsair's ram, and I just ordered the psu and cpu cooler, so I'll be looking forward to that and will keep you updated if you don't mind.

Sure.