Looking for a backup software

AndThenThereWas1
Go to solution Solved by neon,

Synctoy is exactly what you want but you have to click 'run' for it to start, which you do when you know there has been something changed, if you keep it pinned to your taskbar then it would be very fast to initiate. Which is good because if you accidentally delete a file you can restore it before you run the sync.

In all other respects it's exactly what you ask..

Im trying to find a software for windows 7 that will backup a drive or folder to a secondary location. So, for example, i need to backup my documents to a backup drive. The program should make an exact copy that way when i go to the backup location i can just click a document and open it. No need to start the backup program. It should also check to see what files changed and only back up files that have changed. This way it doesn't make a new copy of every file every time it backs it up. I dont want  it to make an imagine. Just copy the file exactly. Does anyone know a program that can do this?

Windows 7 does have a built in function for that "Windows 7 file recovery"

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Back in the days when 1TB drive was expensive as hell i used Norton Ghost.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Back in the days when 1TB drive was expensive as hell i used Norton Ghost.

Ive tried Norton ghost but it seems to only make a disk image. I need the files to be copied over exactly and not put in some other format. The problem is that i am unable to run a raid 1 array, but i want to back up 1 drive to another. A program that can check to see whats changed and make a copy would be perfect. Most other options make a new copy every time. It takes a long time to copy over 3TB of data.

Synctoy is exactly what you want but you have to click 'run' for it to start, which you do when you know there has been something changed, if you keep it pinned to your taskbar then it would be very fast to initiate. Which is good because if you accidentally delete a file you can restore it before you run the sync.

Thank you so much. You dont even know, Ive spent the last month searching and asking, but i wasnt using the right words in my search. Thanks so much. This is exactly what i wanted. I was beginning to think it didnt exists.