Autodesk inventor on this PC?

TheMastr13
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Could Autodesk inventor run (and run well) on a PC with the following specs?

Core 2 duo E4500

8gb Kingston RAM

Radeon HD R5 230

500gb seagate barracuda

I know it fits the sytem requirements, but I want to know how it will do in a real world scenario.

Thanks!

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Thanks for the reply. Our school runs the program on some 2nd gen i3s and they run fine, so I was kind of hoping that it would run kind of close to that.

Thanks for the reply. Our school runs the program on some 2nd gen i3s and they run fine, so I was kind of hoping that it would run kind of close to that.

Yeah, our school runs some stupid i5 and 16 gigs of RAM

still tryin to figure out what the specs are haha :)

Well your system will be fine. Nothing special. Though when working in inventor hdd are not good when working on bigger project. The computers at my school runs with about the same hardware. Some amd 780 gpu, Pentium/i3 (don't remember) some shitty hdd and 8gb of ram and we can work fine on our "minor" projects.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Yeah, our school runs some stupid i5 and 16 gigs of RAM

still tryin to figure out what the specs are haha :)

Our school is kind of stupid about there PCs. They have some good Dell Precisions with 6-core Xeons (I forget which one), 16 gigs of ram, 1tb HDD, and some AMD graphics card (couldn't figure out which one, just opened up the computer and Radeon was printed on the side

On the other hand, they still have Optiplex 755's in the library. Core 2 duo, 1gb ram, 120gb HDD, and some random GPU.

I have this PC lying around, and have no use for it at the moment. I'm gonna put it to use now

Well your system will be fine. Nothing special. Though when working in inventor hdd are not good when working on bigger project. The computers at my school runs with about the same hardware. Some amd 780 gpu, Pentium/i3 (don't remember) some shitty hdd and 8gb of ram and we can work fine on our "minor" projects.

Yeah, I'm not going to be doing anything major. Hopefully it'll get me by for a few years until my MacBook dies and I get a Windows laptop

Our school is kind of stupid about there PCs. They have some good Dell Precisions with 6-core Xeons (I forget which one), 16 gigs of ram, 1tb HDD, and some AMD graphics card (couldn't figure out which one, just opened up the computer and Radeon was printed on the side

On the other hand, they still have Optiplex 755's in the library. Core 2 duo, 1gb ram, 120gb HDD, and some random GPU.

I have this PC lying around, and have no use for it at the moment. I'm gonna put it to use now

you could try to put a core 2 quad in there.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

you could try to put a core 2 quad in there.

Which one? Q6600?

My concern is the cooler. It's in an old dell, so the only cooler that fits is the Intel one

Which one? Q6600?

My concern is the cooler. It's in an old dell, so the only cooler that fits is the Intel one

at minimum, q6600. but i think the stock one will be fine, since even at like 3ghz oc, it runs at only like 30c.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

at minimum, q6600. but i think the stock one will be fine, since even at like 3ghz oc, it runs at only like 30c.

Wow, that sounds great. I think I can get a q6600 pretty cheap of craigslist here

The school I went to ran it on the lowest ed core 2 duo with 1GB of DDR2 RAM

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz