Computer to Computer Lan

Xhaeku
Go to solution Solved by kosmic,

Yes you can connect your laptop to your pc but there is no point

buy something like this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BGXZUC?keywords=gigabit%20switch&qid=1442754380&ref_=sr_1_8&sr=8-8

or buy a wap and stick that in your room so you have both wireless and ethernet

Call me old skool but if you go down the bridging mode you MAY need a crossover Ethernet, i doubt it most pc's now all have auto sense but just keep it in mind

Hello LTT Community,

I got myself a new Laptop and since the room i want to use it in doesent get a very good wireless connection i wondered if i could connect my Laptop via Lan cable to my PC which i

I ran a cable through the house for.

- My Laptop can be connected via Lan

- My PC has to Lan ports

- I dont want to run two cables through the house

Thank you in advance,

Xhaeku

If you have Ethernet wall socket in your room, plug your laptop into that. Can't say that there is much more of a solution than this.

if you already have a cable coming in, get yourself a decent gigabit switch, they dont cost enough to care about doing it an other way.

Yes op you can, you have to bridge (or was it share) the one ethernet connection to the other. The one with internet being the one set to share to ...

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

Yes you can connect your laptop to your pc but there is no point

buy something like this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BGXZUC?keywords=gigabit%20switch&qid=1442754380&ref_=sr_1_8&sr=8-8

or buy a wap and stick that in your room so you have both wireless and ethernet

Call me old skool but if you go down the bridging mode you MAY need a crossover Ethernet, i doubt it most pc's now all have auto sense but just keep it in mind

CPU : i7 5820k l MB : ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1 l RAM : 64GB l GPUs : GTX 970 l Case : Corsair 350D l SSD 2x250gb HDD 2x3tb Raid0 l CS750M PSU
CPU : i7 920 l MB : Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD5 l RAM : 24 GB  l Case : CoolerMaster Silencio l 3x3TB Raid 5 l  Corsair VS650 | ESXI 5.5
Asus G551VW | i7 6700HQ | 32 GB | GTX 960M | 500 GB Samsung mSata | 1TB WD