Windows 7 format W/o Disc

Rasmuff

I was curious if there is a way to format a Windows 7 computer (Cheap HP laptop) without having a install disc.

Never really have found a way to do this and I figured i might as well ask!

Let me know! Thanks!

-Matt

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

go to computer management and see if there is a backup partition

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

On an HP laptop, assuming it isn't a fresh install, you may be able to use HP's software to do a fresh install of the OS. If not, do you have the key for the OS on the laptop itself? If you do, you can use it to fresh install Windows, by using the key to retrieve a .ISO from the Microsoft website. 

go to computer management and see if there is a backup partition

It has a recovery drive partition.

On an HP laptop, assuming it isn't a fresh install, you may be able to use HP's software to do a fresh install of the OS. If not, do you have the key for the OS on the laptop itself? If you do, you can use it to fresh install Windows, by using the key to retrieve a .ISO from the Microsoft website. 

Yeah, it has an OEM product key in the system properties. Not sure if has that kind of software but I'll give it a look.

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

It has a recovery drive partition.

Yeah, it has an OEM product key in the system properties. Not sure if has that kind of software but I'll give it a look.

go into the boot menu and select it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

go into the boot menu and select it

Boot menu upon startup? or in windows(I don't even know if this exists)? Start up boot options doesn't result in showing another drive to boot into. It just shows the dvd drive and like bios diagnostic. 

Boot menu upon startup? or in windows(I don't even know if this exists)? Start up boot options doesn't result in showing another drive to boot into. It just shows the dvd drive and like bios diagnostic. 

Look for anything that says recovery when you are booting.

F11 is what it is I think

Look for anything that says recovery when you are booting.

F11 is what it is I think

I found a system repair thing that will allow me to recover the computer to it's factory image. So that's good; At least I think it is. Thanks for your help!

Easiest way would be a bootable ubuntu usb and format from command line or the partition editor tool (gparted?), you'll be able to delete the recovery partition too.

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5