Gigabyte R9 280X Voltage Problem

Austin4606

I own a Gigabyte R9 280X OC REV1. I've been trying to overclock it with Afterburner but i can barely get it anywhere without it crashing on every game i try. I can't adjust the voltages no matter what i use. I've tried 3 other programs, each time the voltage editing was locked. So now i'm assuming it's locked entirely even though the word OVERCLOCK is in the damn name. Can anyone help?

And just a note, default core clock is 1100Mhz & default memory clock is 1500MHz.

Gigabyte locked their 200 and 300 cards.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Gigabyte locked their 200 and 300 cards.

Okay... is there a edited BIOS that unlocks it? I've seen reviews about people OCing it. You're either wrong or they're doing something i'm not aware of.

Okay... is there a edited BIOS that unlocks it? I've seen reviews about people OCing it. You're either wrong or they're doing something i'm not aware of.

My R9 390 from Gigashit is BIOS locked and voltage locked.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

My R9 390 from Gigashit is BIOS locked and voltage locked.

Wow! You're so helpful!

/s

Wow! You're so helpful!

/s

Wow sorry!!!!! not going to fucking answer something you can find with a 4 second google search.

Wow sorry!!!!! not going to fucking answer something you can find with a 4 second google search.

I specifically mention in my post that i assume it's LOCKED. I'm not looking for someone to re-tell me something, i'm looking for a solution like a edited BIOS.

I specifically mention in my post that i assume it's LOCKED. I'm not looking for someone to re-tell me something, i'm looking for a solution like a edited BIOS.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1450456/gigabyte-r9-280x-v2-voltage-lock-bypass-through-bios-mod

Yes you can probably flash a new BIOS.