shadow-Highlights GH4/G7

Hey smart people of the forums, i have been shooting with my new G7 for a shot while now and love it, but was wondering about the "shadow-highligt" setting and if it will hurt you image quality to change these? i use my G7 for 4k video mostly and do a lot of post work with color and contrast so getting the best possible dynamic range would be nice. So my question is would boosting the shadow and lowering the highlights to +5 and -5 hurt the image quality in anyway ? especially thinking of noise, and the same for lowering the Contrast setting.

hope some of you, who clearly know more than me are able to help.

Thanks in advance :D

I don't know how the Panasonic cameras work with video, but for my Nikons and Sonys I tend to record flat image and edit it all in post.  I want to minimize the in-camera processing as much as possible, especially when they record compressed H.264 and AVCHD.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer