X99 Motherboard with the least amount of issues.

I am currently on my laptop as I write/type this topic, just incase anyone's curious.

I've been googling for the past few days on which motherboard has the least amount of issues. So far, I am getting more and more biased, outdated, and mixed answers (barely any consistency) and some statistics are mixed since some stats say brand A is better than brands B, C, D, etc... brand C is better than A, B, D,etc... so on and so forth... So far, LTT forums is where I want to ask this since the statistics may have changed on which manufacturer (and specifically which model, if anyone doesn't mind) has the least amount of fuckups.

I've had to RMA my UD4P, then RMA swapped for the Gaming 7, to SLI Plus, to MPower, Extreme6, and the Rampage...

I did have a UD3 as a backup motherboard for my 5930K, but it... died at a time its kind of no longer eligible for an RMA.

So, yeah, please... I need help D:

Incase anyone asks, features are the least of my concerns. I just need something that has:

USB ports (3.1 isn't a must have for me, not even a nice to have...)
Audio jacks
The "default" features every X99 motherboard has.

Oh, and I forgot to state the problems I've encountered on the boards (even did bios and driver updates...):

>non-functioning USB ports (UD4P)
>Sata-ports not registering the drives I plugged in (Gaming 7 twice and MPower once)
>DOA (SLI-Plus, Extreme6, and second UD4P)
>Refuses to OC at all (Rampage V twice, despite no OC problems with all other non-DOA board)

Edited by TheDudeWhoTriesHard

Your PSU is shot or you are just too much of a newbie to handle a platform as complex as X99.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Bro if you have had troubles with all thoes boards that's not a motherboard problem something else is seriously Fucked.

I don't know about that.

Your PSU is shot or you are just too much of a newbie to handle a platform as complex as X99.

If you thought it was hard enough, go try to learn how to properly use OC socket.

The thing is, its a Seasonic 1200 80+ Platinum.

Oh, and I forgot to state the problems I've encountered on the boards (even did bios and driver updates...):

>Sata-ports not registering the drives I plugged in (Gaming 7 twice and MPower once)

>Refuses to OC at all (Rampage V twice, despite no OC problems with all other non-DOA board)

I don't know about that.

Even though the RVE is one of the best overclocking boards, try a SOC Champion. love mine, really flexes when I go sub-ambient.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Can you guys NOT be pricks? Please? I'm just looking for a fully functioning board with the least amount of problems. I could not care less either if the OC potential is the best or not, I just need it to OC at atleast 4.2 stable.

I don't know about that.

Your CPU sounds like it's fucking with you.

Or you have the worlds worst luck when it comes to buying defective hardware.

Even though the RVE is one of the best overclocking boards, try a SOC Champion. love mine, really flexes when I go sub-ambient.

I'm not looking for the best OCing board. I just need a fully functioning board with the least fuckups. So, does the SOC Champ have one of the least amount of fuckups?

Your CPU sounds like it's fucking with you.

Or you have the worlds worst luck when it comes to buying defective hardware.

I don't know how a CPU can screw with sata and USB ports.

I may have really bad luck with defective hardware, but oh well...

I have not had 1 issue with my Gaming 7. I think you have another component that's pooched or its incredibly bad luck.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Oh by the way the gygabyte X99 UD series non functional USB port problem only happens when you try to have a keyboard and mouse register in the bios when they are plugged into a USB 3.0 port, they work fine in the bios when you plug them into USB 2.0.

Not sure about that. I even did that before RMA-ing. I even tried it with an old keyboard and mouse with PS2 ports and basically none of the USB ports work.

It's called a Direct Media Interface.

Yeah... but how come its just on the UD4P?

I have not had 1 issue with my Gaming 7. I think you have another component that's pooched or its incredibly bad luck.

I don't really wanna conclude that I got some other component thats causing the problem because OCing was only a problem on two Rampage boards, thats it. While everything else was a mixed bag.

Now, I do wanna ask, is the Asus X99-A a board with the least amount of issues right now?

You seem to miss out on the fact that clearly the board is not the problem.

Because I don't really want to conclude immediately until maybe one more board doesn't work on my rig. Now, can you please answer my question: Asus X99-A a board with the least amount of issues right now?

Is it hard to say yes or no?

The ASUS Sabertooth and ROG line are extensively tested before they are sold if you had problems with a rampage board its not the motherboard that is having the underlying problem.

If it was anything I would say the board you seek is a rampage but you already tried that.

The ASUS Sabertooth and ROG line are extensively tested before they are sold if you had problems with a rampage board its not the motherboard that is having the underlying problem.

If it was anything I would say the board you seek is a rampage but you already tried that.

Still doesn't answer my question: Asus X99-A a board with the least amount of issues right now? A simple yes or no would suffice...

Still doesn't answer my question: Asus X99-A a board with the least amount of issues right now? A simple yes or no would suffice...

You're still failing to grasp that no one else is having that many problems with motherboards with the X99 chipset from 3 or 4 different manufacturers. Something is fucked in your system.....there's really no other answer that we can give you, if you want to be dumb with your money and buy another board go right ahead but its clearly not the motherboard.  Your power supply is probably shorting your mobo's.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I love my Evga X99 Micro...changeable BIOS chip and kicks ass. I have a spare BIOS chip just in case, but this will be a motherboard I plan on keeping for 4+ years. X99 all the way, Z170 in the hay.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

You're still failing to grasp that no one else is having that many problems with motherboards with the X99 chipset from 3 or 4 different manufacturers. Something is fucked in your system.....there's really no other answer that we can give you, if you want to be dumb with your money and buy another board go right ahead but its clearly not the motherboard.  Your power supply is probably shorting your mobo's.

I am only living with the store RMA's I have before their periods end. And based on the store's inspection, the boards have the problem, not on my end. Now, please, answer my question: Asus X99-A a board with the least amount of issues right now?

post-222431-0-65214600-1442477238.jpg

I love my Evga X99 Micro...changeable BIOS chip and kicks ass. I have a spare BIOS chip just in case, but this will be a motherboard I plan on keeping for 4+ years. X99 all the way, Z170 in the hay.

Does the Classified and the FTW have the same feature? I'm interested in EVGA as of now.