AMD driver question

Hemanse

My 770 lightning cards fans broke the other day and i just turned it in for repair today, it can take up to 3-4 weeks when it has to go back to MSI and until then im stuck with a cheap XFX R7 370 i got to use in my living room pc.

Havent used an AMD card in a decade and im not sure if i should use the 15.7.1 drivers or if the beta drivers 15.8 is better? Or maybe there are even newer drivers out there ☺

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

15.8 are fine.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

My 770 lightning cards fans broke the other day and i just turned it in for repair today, it can take up to 3-4 weeks when it has to go back to MSI and until then im stuck with a cheap XFX R7 370 i got to use in my living room pc.

Havent used an AMD card in a decade and im not sure if i should use the 15.7.1 drivers or if the beta drivers 15.8 is better? Or maybe there are even newer drivers out there ☺

Use DDU first when switching between Nvidia/AMD or vise-versa.

Then download the latest.

I've used beta drivers from AMD just fine, never really had issues with them (years ago, with BETAS... yes, not these days, their usually pretty good if not better than the normal ones)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

newest one if you have windows 10

the most stable one if you have win 8.1/7

I am on Windows 7 still, so you would suggest going for stable instead of beta?

Use DDU first when switching between Nvidia/AMD or vise-versa.

Then download the latest.

I've used beta drivers from AMD just fine, never really had issues with them (years ago, with BETAS... yes, not these days, their usually pretty good if not better than the normal ones)

Yeah i always run DDU even when upgrading nvidia drivers, ran DDU and cleared the nvidia drivers before i handed in the 770 :) but okay, think im just gonna give the beta are a go, not like i cant switch back if the beta ones crap out on me.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

I am on Windows 7 still, so you would suggest going for stable instead of beta?

Yeah i always run DDU even when upgrading nvidia drivers, ran DDU and cleared the nvidia drivers before i handed in the 770 :) but okay, think im just gonna give the beta are a go, not like i cant switch back if the beta ones crap out on me.

stable

stable

I just installed the beta, if they crap out or give me alot of problems im just gonna go back to the stable, but thanks for the help :)

Pretty happy that i got this R7 370 for 80$ new right as my 770 stopped working, atleast i can use it in my main rig until i hopefully get good news about the 770, the 370 isnt exactly a speed demon tho  :D

So far it seems alot better then it used to, tho i still gotta admit, the AMD software looks really "unprofessional", might just be me, but atleast it works. The fans on this XFX card sure does like the ramp up quick tho, quite alot more noise then what i am used to with the MSI frozr design, then again, i guess this R7 370 also do have to work overtime and needs alot of cooling :)