better brand for ocing

proud greek
Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,

no im not going to spend so much money for a system with g3258 cpu. its waste.... 960 is very good :P

No, the 960 is not good. R9 380 or R9 280X are way better for the money. You might even find a R9 290. All of those are better cards than a 960 while costing the same...

EDIT: Yep, Gigabyte G1 or MSI Gaming 2G/4G are for example one of the better ones there are...

msi or gigabyte i want to order a gtx 960 i want to oc the card someone told me gigabyte have locked volts its true? im planning to buy gigabyte 3 fan 4gb gtx 960 or msi gtx 960 4gb gaming 4g.

Both are subject to Nvidia's locked voltage.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

rumors are rumors. idk

Trust me, saving your money for a 970 or a 380 would be a better choice

msi or gigabyte i want to order a gtx 960 i want to oc the card someone told me gigabyte have locked volts its true? im planning to buy gigabyte 3 fan 4gb gtx 960 or msi gtx 960 4gb gaming 4g.

asus

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Brand doesn't matter for overclocking. Chipset itself will determine your lottery. 

Well it's not true, usually the G1 Gaming version of Gigabyte cards for example are better overclockers than say Palit JetStream ones.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

rumors are rumors. idk

Trust me, saving your money for a 970 or a 380 would be a better choice

no im not going to spend so much money for a system with g3258 cpu. its waste.... 960 is very good :P

Well it's not true, usually the G1 Gaming version of Gigabyte cards for example are better overclockers than say Palit JetStream ones.

oh realy?

No, the 960 is not good. R9 380 or R9 280X are way better for the money. You might even find a R9 290. All of those are better cards than a 960 while costing the same...

EDIT: Yep, Gigabyte G1 or MSI Gaming 2G/4G are for example one of the better ones there are...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

sorry but i prefer nvidia dont call me fanboy i had also amd my last was 260x....... :) also i saw on internet 280 and 960 have kinda the same perfomance idk :) also the new 300 series is kinda rebrand....

sorry but i prefer nvidia dont call me fanboy i had also amd my last was 260x....... :) also i saw on internet 280 and 960 have kinda the same perfomance idk :) also the new 300 series is kinda rebrand....

I have also preferred Nvidia for a long time, from GTX 260 through a 660 to a 970 right now. After recent controversies around Nvidia, I have kinda lost trust in them.

Anyway, don't do that, the GTX 960 is just overpriced. If you were getting a GTX 970 then fine, get an Nvidia, even though the Radeon R9 390 is slightly better the 970 is still a fine choice, however the GTX 960 is just too expensive for what it offers, Radeon 280X / 380 are your best options. It's also true that the 380 is kinda a rebrand, BUT it's a good rebrand. It's a cooler card that draws less power and performs better.

Really, get one of those, maybe an R9 290 if you can find one for the same money, or slightly more - still worth it. Even a GTX 950 is a better option, it performs slightly worse but it's less expensive...

I have also preferred Nvidia for a long time, from GTX 260 through a 660 to a 970 right now. After recent controversies around Nvidia, I have kinda lost trust in them.

Anyway, don't do that, the GTX 960 is just overpriced. If you were getting a GTX 970 then fine, get an Nvidia, even though the Radeon R9 390 is slightly better the 970 is still a fine choice, however the GTX 960 is just too expensive for what it offers, Radeon 280X / 380 are your best options. It's also true that the 380 is kinda a rebrand, BUT it's a good rebrand. It's a cooler card that draws less power and performs better.

Really, get one of those, maybe an R9 290 if you can find one for the same money, or slightly more - still worth it. Even a GTX 950 is a better option, it performs slightly worse but it's less expensive...

200 series will not support full dx12 :/

200 series will not support full dx12 :/

Neither will the GTX 960. It will not support fully all of the features of DX12 (and 12.1)

Neither will the GTX 960. It will not support fully all of the features of DX12 (and 12.1)

900 series will support full dx12 O.o like 300 series of amd :P

900 series will support full dx12 O.o like 300 series of amd :P

I'm not that sure but i might be wrong, the GTX 960 is a relatively weak card. Especially for the money you've got to pay for it. I wouldn't worry about DX12 since Nvidia seems to fall behind AMD in it. Noone knows for sure though! We have to wait and watch carefully

Anyway, you definitely should not buy a GTX 960 no matter what. That is my honest opinion. AMD offers too many better options within that price range.

i found r9 380 40 euros cheaper than 960 it worth right? 2 fans 4gb memory??

Yes but what brand?

my next question whice brand is the best for amd and ocing i know amd is good overclockers i found gigabyte

I'm not that sure but i might be wrong, the GTX 960 is a relatively weak card. Especially for the money you've got to pay for it. I wouldn't worry about DX12 since Nvidia seems to fall behind AMD in it. Noone knows for sure though! We have to wait and watch carefully

Anyway, you definitely should not buy a GTX 960 no matter what. That is my honest opinion. AMD offers too many better options within that price range.

such an mlg answer much a scope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

my next question whice brand is the best for amd and ocing i know amd is good overclockers i found gigabyte

Sapphire and MSI are known for making very good AMD cards, but you're just fine with the Gigabyte if you like it. I personally would recommend MSI. Especially for the 3xx series.

such an mlg answer much a scope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bring me some Doritos and Mountain Dew #blaze.it

You can get a used r9 290 for like $185USD on ebay, as of this morning atleast..

Generally in the 960's price range you'd be better of spending that same money with AMD imo

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

You can get a used r9 290 for like $185USD on ebay, as of this morning atleast..

Generally in the 960's price range you'd be better of spending that same money with AMD imo

as i said ill buy r9 380....