3D Software. ;(

ShiroiTenshi

Hello, hopefully I created this topic in the right place. Umm... A few days ago I started to work with Unreal Engine 4(whatever) but now I need some 3D software which would be good. I've heard of Blender and Maya and I don't know which one to choose from these two or maybe you guys can recommend me any other 3D software?  Thanks.

Blender is free and all you'll need to do is convert it to fbx, sketchup is really easy but quitei restricted in its capabilities.

Steve

blender because anything else is going to cost you over $1000

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Blender is free, but from what I have heard, has a steep learning curve. Programs like Autodesk Maya or 3dsMax could be easier to use, but the licences for those cost a ton. They are aimed for professionals after all.

I'd suggest using Blender.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Hello, hopefully I created this topic in the right place. Umm... A few days ago I started to work with Unreal Engine 4(whatever) but now I need some 3D software which would be good. I've heard of Blender and Maya and I don't know which one to choose from these two or maybe you guys can recommend me any other 3D software?  Thanks.

maya and 3d studio max

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Blender is free, but from what I have heard, has a steep learning curve. Programs like Autodesk Maya or 3dsMax could be easier to use, but the licences for those cost a ton.

Yea I heard the opposite, that it's very easy to learn and stuff. But since all others cost 2352335234523$ then I will just stick to Blender for now. ^^

Yeah, Blender seems to be the most ideal option at this point.

It's free, open for commercial use, and provides more or less all the functionality you will need in a modelling program.

While personally I prefer 3ds Max, there is no way I'm gonna be able to afford that program any time soon, and you can't publish things commercially on the student version.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

As a game developer, I personally feel that any 3d modeling is sufficient as you basically just have to create a mesh which every 3d modeling software is capable of.

Maya is more geared towards animations, dynamics, rendering and all that other fun stuff. You should be more concerned with zbrush and a texturing software like substance designer.

You can also rig and animate various actions on blender like walk/run/idle animations with ease so I see no reason on using maya "IF" your budget is limited.

Blender is an extremely powerful program. Its interface is lacking but thats fairly easy to overcome.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz