Razer Firefly vs Steelseries qck+ Fnatic Asphalt Edition

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I am going with the qck+ then. Which model would you recommend? I do not want the xxl one since that is just to big for my needs. @olbaze said that the graphics on the one I chose will fade out over time and it might disrupt the sensor, is that true and should I stear away from it then?

It could disrupt an optical sensor but not a laser sensor. The pad to get all depends on how you use your mouse and the size of you desk (get a larger mouse pad if you use lower sensitivity.)

Hi.

I was wondering which is the better mousepad. The firefly has the awesome rgb lighting and the qck+ has the fnatic logo(I support them ofc)

Games I will be playing are CS go, lol and other none competitive titles. I will be using the Razer Mamba 2015 edition so the rgb lighting on the firfly fits but the qck+ looks awesome as well so I was wondering which is the better one. 

Thank you in advance!

Please tell me you did not just call RGB lighting in a mousepad awesome.

Firefly is a bad idea simply because mousepads wear out. Now tell me, would you go and buy an entire new keyboard just because the keycaps were worn out?The Firefly also adds an extra wire to your entire setup. And let's be honest, you can already get mousepads in pretty much whatever colour you please, so an RGB for colour matching is kind of moot.

And unlike the Firefly, the QcK+ has years and years of user experience and improved revisions behind it.

I don't think there's much of a contest here.

But honestly, I would go for the regular editions rather. Anything with a graphic is going to look bad when it starts wearing out, not to mention a pattern or colours can mess with the sensor of your mouse.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Please tell me you did not just call RGB lighting in a mousepad awesome.

It is awesome, just expensive and not needed at all.

It is awesome, just expensive and not needed at all.

True. The only benefit of it is that it lights up some setups. Is the qck+ a better choice then? Don't think about the price.

True. The only benefit of it is that it lights up some setups. Is the qck+ a better choice then? Don't think about the price.

qck+ is regarded as the best mousepad that you can buy. Beware of that mouse. I have not really had good experiences with the reliability of my Razer products. 

qck+ is regarded as the best mousepad that you can buy. Beware of that mouse. I have not really had good experiences with the reliability of my Razer products. 

I am going with the qck+ then. Which model would you recommend? I do not want the xxl one since that is just to big for my needs. @olbaze said that the graphics on the one I chose will fade out over time and it might disrupt the sensor, is that true and should I stear away from it then?

It could disrupt an optical sensor but not a laser sensor. The pad to get all depends on how you use your mouse and the size of you desk (get a larger mouse pad if you use lower sensitivity.)

In some cases, a coloured pattern can result in unusual or worse sensor behavior.

Even if that's not the case, you're going to end up with a worn patch on the pad once it starts wearing out. That's just the way it is: cloth pads and smooth plastic ones wear out, whereas a rougher plastic pad will wear out the mousefeet on your pad instead. And yes, the wear will affect you, as your mouse will move differently and the sensor can have issues with that. Personally, once that happens, I get a new pad.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

I have the fnatic pad and it's worked fine on both my. Steelseries sensei and my Logitech g502.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

• 6 months later...

Yeah I have the SteelSeries QCK+ NaVi Edition (they were out of Fnatic ones ;_;) Also on some parts of the mouse pad it is darker in some spots where i have been swiping my mouse too much (I blame CSGO 400 dpi...) haha!

On 14/09/2015 at 5:06 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

I have the fnatic pad and it's worked fine on both my. Steelseries sensei and my Logitech g502.

@KaminKevCrewMate!! I had the steelseries sensei and then upgraded to the G502 as well. G502 is an awesome mouse!

On 3/15/2016 at 4:58 AM, f0rce_aus said:

Yeah I have the SteelSeries QCK+ NaVi Edition (they were out of Fnatic ones ;_;) Also on some parts of the mouse pad it is darker in some spots where i have been swiping my mouse too much (I blame CSGO 400 dpi...) haha!

@KaminKevCrewMate!! I had the steelseries sensei and then upgraded to the G502 as well. G502 is an awesome mouse!

I'm not using the G502 any more though!!! I'm actually using the Mionix Naos 7000 which I bought for $30! I like the shape of this mouse WAY better... (I'm also 6'6", 280lbs, and just generally huge, so a bigger mouse helps a lot!)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I'm not using the G502 any more though!!! I'm actually using the Mionix Naos 7000 which I bought for $30! I like the shape of this mouse WAY better... (I'm also 6'6", 280lbs, and just generally huge, so a bigger mouse helps a lot!)

Where did you get it for $30??