Someone Please HELP!

I've been working on this pc for the past year now, it refuses too turn on, it just keeps turning on and off. I've been troubleshooting it myself because im too stubborn too take it too a shop...i figured that maybe the helpful folk at the LTT forums could help.

Here is my build.

Mobo: GA-G41MT-S2PT rev. 2.1

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad q9300 2.5ghz

RAM: g.skill aegis 1333mhz 2x8 ddr3L 1.35v

GPU: Geforce 8800gt bfg tech edition

What power supply do you have?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

evga 430w

Hmmm that shouldn't be the problem then.

What have you already tried doing so I do t reccodmend something you've already done.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It just turns on and off, how exactly? does it post? is it in a boot loop? any messages or relevant screens? 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Hmmm that shouldn't be the problem then.

What have you already tried doing so I do t reccodmend something you've already done.

1. checked every connection

2. made sure none of the standoffs/wires were causing shorts

3. booting with just 1 stick of ram

4. unplugging everything then plugging everything back in

5. clearing the cmos

It just turns on and off, how exactly? does it post? is it in a boot loop? any messages or relevant screens? 

it doesn't post at all, the fans start spinning and then it turns off, and it keeps doing this until i hold a pillow over its face (hold the power button)

1. checked every connection

2. made sure none of the standoffs/wires were causing shorts

3. booting with just 1 stick of ram

4. unplugging everything then plugging everything back in

5. clearing the cmos

Did you try each RAM stick individually or just the one?

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

Did you try each RAM stick individually or just the one?

both individually

it doesn't post at all, the fans start spinning and then it turns off, and it keeps doing this until i hold a pillow over its face (hold the power button)

sounds like a dead CPU

--Thread killer--

sounds like a dead CPU

are you positive? is there any way of finding out??

are you positive? is there any way of finding out??

Borrow a cheap core 2 duo and test with that

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

i was doing some digging around on the internet and noticed that some people have compatiblity issues with some ram sticks not working with mobos for some reason, ill ask my neighbor if i can borrow some ram and/or a spare cpu

i was doing some digging around on the internet and noticed that some people have compatiblity issues with some ram sticks not working with mobos for some reason, ill ask my neighbor if i can borrow some ram and/or a spare cpu

This is a good way to go, this will help determine for sure what is wrong. If the CPU doesn't work then it is most likely your board is dead, if the CPU works, then it is most likely the other CPU is dead

--Thread killer--

I purchased the cpu used, but i purchased it from entermedia plus, they claim that they tested the cpu and that it worked before they sent it, they also claim that they have purchased g.skill ram before and that it is really shitty and is almost never compatible. The good part out of this is that when i bought my ram i spent $65 and free shipping, so when i return it and get a refund, i can purchase better ram, so now my question is. What set of ram should i get for 65 bucks?

I purchased the cpu used, but i purchased it from entermedia plus, they claim that they tested the cpu and that it worked before they sent it, they also claim that they have purchased g.skill ram before and that it is really shitty and is almost never compatible. The good part out of this is that when i bought my ram i spent $65 and free shipping, so when i return it and get a refund, i can purchase better ram, so now my question is. What set of ram should i get for 65 bucks?

Personally i love g.skill but there is also corsair and kingston, i wouldn't really mess with other brands. I'm told things are tested all the time that arrive dead, or are shocked to death from improper handling or shipping. 

--Thread killer--

The Crucial Ballistix Sport series looks pretty reliable, but i totally could get Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 2x4 which would be frickin awesome imo...OR KINGSTON HYPER X FURY BLUE <3

most brands are pretty reliable now-a-days so basically whatever you fancy is good.

--Thread killer--

most brands are pretty reliable now-a-days so basically whatever you fancy is good.

But god damn because the oem battery was a good price arr

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Just realized i quoted this thinking it was on my battery thread, durp lol